Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Like I said on the other thread, he flowing oh so well on this. During that Hip Hop is Dead era he was skating on songs like it was nothing but his beat selection during that time period was :francis: and it shows with this joint.

It ain't all the way bad though. Hopefully it sounds good withing the album.

This is the last thing we should want. If this song "fits in" with the album, it's not going to be good.

I'm praying this sticks out like a sore thumb.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m in the camp that wants all Nas music and this is an example of him being creative. It’s growing on me. People have very high expectations of a Nas album. There will be some great work on the album. Besides, artist can now add and take away tracks from their albums. People knew from the title of the song that it might be one of those creative Nas tracks. I’m cool with it.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
And these are the people that should be ignored because they dont know Nas’ catalog in the first place. Nas is also doing himself a disservice by literally ONLY celebrating Illmatic for like 10 years straight. He’s been rewriting his career history by doing that and making newbies think that’s the only thing he had to offer when half the people saying the only good album he has is Illmatic would probably like a few of his other albums more than Illmatic if they heard them being that they are casual listeners.
This is FACTS

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
It’s the age old question: should artist evolve or just keep doing what made people become fans?

I guess it’s different for everyone but FOR ME it’s very much the latter with Nas and Kanye. That being said I’m still excited for the project.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
It’s the age old question: should artist evolve or just keep doing what made people become fans?

I guess it’s different for everyone but FOR ME it’s very much the latter with Nas and Kanye. That being said I’m still excited for the project.

I'm not against experimentation and Nas has made classic experimental songs throughout his career. But experiments don't always work. And I respect him trying different shyt but this is not lead single material and it's just not one of his better songs. When I think of all the great Nas songs, this one will not be included.

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
I mean I thought his new team was pretty good since he got with them a decade ago and they cultivated Life is Good, but given he didnt release anything after for 6 years, maybe we need to take second look at G Code and them

I mean i dont wanna sound like one of these coli a&r guys but this record is unacceptable from nasir, it is what it is

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the last thing I’m going to post about this track.

When the album is released, I’m sure Nas will discuss most of not all of the tracks and we will get a great explanation. I don’t think he needs to justify it though. Nas said that some of the stuff he makes is not meant for others to hear but we beg and beg (myself included) for additional volumes of Lost Tapes. Nas didn’t have to do anymore Lost Tapes. He could’ve sat of the strength of the last one. He did this for the fans so we need to celebrate that. This volume has 16 tracks so there will be more greatness.

Keep putting out ALL your shyt Nas!

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
listening to again fresh in the morning.....i'm even more perturbed.
you mean to tell me out of everything he potentially has in his vault, this made the cut ?

not only did it make the album...it was the first song to put out to get us excited ?
wasn't even one of those joints they sneak in just before the final third of the album.

won't lesser my expectations. i don't expect a collection of things done by Nas in the last ten years to be flawless like the first but what a bizarre choice of song to throw out there.

its got people talking anyway.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I'm not against experimentation and Nas has made classic experimental songs throughout his career. But experiments don't always work. And I respect him trying different shyt but this is not lead single material and it's just not one of his better songs. When I think of all the great Nas songs, this one will not be included.
I feel you

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland

thats @Life is Good and that other guy..Stamina something trying to convince us this is fire once that little payment from MassAppeal hits their bank account.

Disagree with that cause he was focused and flowing throughout the Life is Good era and even in 2016.

But yeah this was a suicidal move to do and put this on an album even if its just a compilation

that was actually the first time i noticed anything jarring in his delivery.
theres joint on LIG he sounded like he was taking a deep breath and trying to get everything out in one take.