Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thoughts...

-Maybe he wanted to get that one out of the way for the rest. I wouldn’t have lead off with that but a lost tapes project is where that belongs. None of Nas shyt should ever not be released. Maybe a bonus track or something.

-Skills still tight and rhymes are dope, it’s just the track is weird.

-Someone else said it and I will agree; so far he is 2 for 3 since we know Who Are You and You Mean the World to Me Are dope.

-since my first listen, it has grown on me though.

-the overall project will be satisfying.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m in the “it’s ok” camp. How are people surprised this is the first single or whatever. This is the dude who dropped a blues sampled song as a single during the pop, lock, and drop era

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I first listened to the track last night. I wasnt a but I'm listening now and it's really not that bad. I like the sample too and it sounds good in headphones honestly. I would have led off with the lost tapes song from the promo video though. It's a different listen to the ears off top though. Not a bad song.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Nas along with his team is TOP NOTCH! I think his fans need to be better musically versed but not everyone is in the same level.

What kind of elitist, arrogant, pretentious shyt is this :gucci: All due respect, Nas don’t walk on water. As an artist, he can do whatever the fukk he wants and make whatever music he feels like. Don’t mean people gonna like everything he does even if they have some understanding and appreciation of where his inspiration comes from. :camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Reading the comments I thought it was gonna be way worse.

In reality his flows sharp as ever. Song is just weird on some old nikka scat jazz shyt.

I think without the corny hook this would be dope :manny:

Horns at the end are crazy. Anybody that enjoys rap music and jazz can appreciate this

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the Cacs responding dont like Jazz that all just like Kendricks shyt. Some white person just compared this to the central park 5. Thats crazy but nobody says nothing. Ziggiy breakdown why he loves the track and gets called crazy. Interesting

Last edited: