Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I get why some hard core hiphop heads might not like that song but if you're into Jazz, it's easy to see where he was going/dig it. I remember alot of heads on here complaning about Kendrick's jazzisms on Pimp a Butterfly, so I can see the same complaints about this song.

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
I get why some hard core hiphop heads might not like that song but if you're into Jazz, it's easy to see where he was going/dig it. I remember alot of heads on here complaning about Kendrick's jazzisms on Pimp a Butterfly, so I can see the same complaints about this song.
well TPAB was dope as hell. This song sounds like a meme

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
naw this song stinks.

i love jazz. deodato. lonnie liston smith. yusef lateef. cannonball adderly. billy cobham. eddie henderson. pharoah sanders. all that. this shyt stinks.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
naw this song stinks.

i love jazz. deodato. lonnie liston smith. yusef lateef. cannonball adderly. billy cobham. eddie henderson. pharoah sanders. all that. this shyt stinks.

all the jazz you mentioned is instrumental/jazz-funk. nas is channeling vocal jazz of Al Jerraue, King Pleasure, Eddie jefferson etc...