Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
He gotta get a better team around him, i know esco a legend but somebody should have told him not to ever release this , and how the fukk is this what they chose as the first single?

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He gotta get a better team around him, i know esco a legend but somebody should have told him not to ever release this , and how the fukk is this what they chose as the first single?
Nas along with his team is TOP NOTCH! I think his fans need to be better musically versed but not everyone is in the same level.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
No one who is a fan should be concerned or surprised, this isn't that much further from several of the records on Streets Disciple. It feels the most like Hip Hop Is Dead, but it really isn't a strong track, and for sure a novelty/cutting room floor, I suppose that makes it perfect for this. Even something like Book of Rhymes is better as a outtake of sorts, rather than an actual song.

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
Nas along with his team is TOP NOTCH! I think his fans need to be better musically versed but not everyone is in the same level.

Nah, I definitely would consider myself well versed musically, so much that im even familiar of the actual al jarreau and his music... this is just trash

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Cmon fam it has nothing with us being "better musically versed" this some shyt better left in the vault:beli:.Gotta understand when a album is called Lost tapes 2 with Nas name attached to it fans gonna expect a certain level of greatness unfortunately this ain't it:pachaha:.That Lost freestyle is flames tho:ahh:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I think it’s quite dope but I’m also very versed when it comes to music. Nas is a truly gifted artist and he loves this shyt. He reach is levels above mines.

Yeah, but like...considering Nas vault...and the fact that he got unreleased songs like Amongst Kings, Rise & Fall, Talk of New York, Good Morning, Livin It, etc...do you really think this song should have been on here much less be the first released song from it?

Have you heard the album, btw? If so, do you think this is one of the best songs from the album?

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it’s quite dope but I’m also very versed when it comes to music. Nas is a truly gifted artist and he loves this shyt. He reach is levels above mines.

Ok, I see you went politically correct with your response. Do your thing.