Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I'm shocked there's nas fans saying this is his best album since stillmatic. This shyt isnt remotely close to lost tapes. I'd even take god son over this. Nothing on here is fukking with mastermind, book of rhymes, heaven, or revolutionary warfare.

I understand it's been a long time but theres no way anybody can listen to god son and tell me nas is still at that level. His flow on white label and cops is lazy as hell. Dude falls off beat multiple times and its hard to listen to. Just dont think kanye did nas justice here at all. Nas needs to get with producers who are still in their prime. Kanye just doesn't have it anymore.

Nas is still in my top 5 all time and that will never change. I'm not hating on anybody who loves this album. But be honest with yourselves. Nas is clearly not the same rapper he was even 10 years ago.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
he actually adressed it one of the songs told them to write their lil blogs he could give a fukk

that's all they are getting.
When the media slings mud, we use it to build huts
Irrefutable facts, merciful, beautiful black
Beloved brother, you fail to embarrass him, harassin' him
To my life, your life pales in comparison
So go write whatever blog, messiness is not ever the god
Do what's necessary, I'm never worried
Listen vultures, I've been shackled by Western culture

GOAT

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I'm shocked there's nas fans saying this is his best album since stillmatic. This shyt isnt remotely close to lost tapes. I'd even take god son over this. Nothing on here is fukking with mastermind, book of rhymes, heaven, or revolutionary warfare.

I understand it's been a long time but theres no way anybody can listen to god son and tell me nas is still at that level. His flow on white label and cops is lazy as hell. Dude falls off beat multiple times and its hard to listen to. Just dont think kanye did nas justice here at all. Nas needs to get with producers who are still in their prime. Kanye just doesn't have it anymore.

Nas is still in my top 5 all time and that will never change. I'm not hating on anybody who loves this album. But be honest with yourselves. Nas is clearly not the same rapper he was even 10 years ago.
I just think you overreacting. imo this is somewhat of a rushed project, this isn't what he's been working on the last 6 years. And to say he's not the same rapper he was 10 years ago just sounds foolish because the last 3 projects (Untitled/DR/LIG) we're all pretty good.

CHAIN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cabo Verde
Apparently the flow critique is a thing...

Nas' flow has always been 'jazzy' .
The first verse on 'Nas Is like' is very unorthodox structure/flow wise. It almost doesnt make sense but it sounds good to me.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

The first verse on 'Nas Is like' is very unorthodox structure/flow wise. It almost doesnt make sense but it sounds good to me.

Maybe its the Stan in me. But i don’t hear this supposed issue with the flow on the album. I mean if it were like the first two verses of that Future collab he put out a few months ago i could see the argument.

But Nas was rapping his ASS off on this Nasir joint. His flow on Bonjour and Adam & Eve was perfection

MostHatedBox

Boxstate's own
Supporter
Daps

Is he talking about Nas or Jay? :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: pez

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe its the Stan in me. But i don’t hear this supposed issue with the flow on the album. I mean if it were like the first two verses of that Future collab he put out a few months ago i could see the argument.

But Nas was rapping his ASS off on this Nasir joint. His flow on Bonjour and Adam & Eve was perfection
Yeah, I don't get the broad critique. I have issues with maybe 4 or 5 lines MAX. These two especially:

Theres only really one line that should have been re-recorded:

Not for radio:
"In the process of dominance."

I don't like how the beat cutoff on Simple Things. They need to fix that and reupload

Found another line on Not for radio that should have been re-recorded:

"Swat was created to stop the Panthers."

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Nas was out of pocket on NY STATE OF MIND.

PREMIER purposefully left in Nas saying "I don't know how to start this" because he said he'd never seen anyone catch the beat in a way Nas did.

He's always had that Jazz thing where he rhymes over unorthodox beats but also rhymes in unorthodox ways.

I'm def not saying Nas never sounds lazy, but like @Ziggiy said that's not what I'm hearing on this album. He has that Ghostface thing going where he's an experienced Mc who sounds comfortable as fukk and steps it up/down when HE feels like it.

He has a line like "I don't buy beats I sell verses" or sth, I feel like he's alluding to this critique niccaz have on him. Again it's also why I said a few pages back he's one of the rapdaddies of the slowflow crew (Roc Marci/Ka/Meyhem..).

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX

Why should he be tho?

I get where u coming from but why should we expect rappers to be the same person they were years ago