Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Kanye floated on that. Nas with the old skool flow. Just wish he added another verse.

Simple Things on repeat.

shyts growing on me for sure.
Such a great song. Using the Pryor quote just shows how long this shyt has been goin on. He could have said that story last week and it would have been just as relevant. The hiphop beat is great, but the way it transitions during the hook is especially dope, especially on a nice system.

Ultimately its a great example of messaging. After listening to that track you walk away with the concept that "THE COPS SHOT THE KID". Anyone who listens to this track will feel someway, black or white.

Even Koonye floated on this. Plus the beat is fire so it becomes a great party track! One of my favs easily. Plus Kanye raps in and out, almost in adlib format, back and forth with the hook. Genius idea as it reiterates the COPS SHOT THE KID NARRATIVE.

Great song.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
My only small gripe with the MERCH is they didn't use the classic Nas typography for his name. It looks a bit off when it's not:

Nas-logo-44955A5021-seeklogo.com.png

Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet in that EYE sweater.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Feels a little underwhelming.

I like cops shot the kid, everything.
bonjour is smooth as fukk.

The rest i didn't particularly like or dislike which is how i feel about the album over all.

Not for radio is a good intro.

I need to give it a few more spins but so far i won't lie Im kinda disappointed.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's a dope album. Nas flow is choppy at times :flabbynsick: and some songs feel a bit overproduced (that's all of Ye's shyt since Graduation though), I also would have liked to see some features, those are my only gripes.

No track is flagrantly bad. My favorites are Bonjour, White Label, Simple Things. This is not better than 4:44 it's less tracks and less cohesive. But both are great additions to the G.O.A.T.'s catalogs. Nas probably got another album coming soon, I doubt these 7 tracks was what he had in mind when he dropped Nas Album Done. This look like something Kanye talked him into dropping.

Also, this nikka Kanye man, this run will be remembered. He need to drop more of these 7 track albums, how many beats he cooked in Wyoming? :whew:

Last edited: