Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Theres only really one line that should have been re-recorded:

Not for radio:
"In the process of dominance."

I don't like how the beat cutoff on Simple Things. They need to fix that and reupload

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Finally got around to listening to it on Spotify.

Album wasn't bad but it isn't great. Right now I have Life is Good above it but it's always pleasant to hear new Nas in any way, shape or form since it's been 6 years.

444 is edging this one out also but I'm pretty sure Kanye and Nas probably knocked this album out in 3 months and he has a another album in the stash somewhere.

Some of Kanyes beats on this were garbage. Cop Shot The Kid makes my ears hurt and is unpleasant on the senses.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Finally got around to listening to it on Spotify.

Album wasn't bad but it isn't great. Right now I have Life is Good above it but it's always pleasant to hear new Nas in any way, shape or form since it's been 6 years.

444 is edging this one out also but I'm pretty sure Kanye and Nas probably knocked this album out in 3 months and he has a another album in the stash somewhere.

Some of Kanyes beats on this were garbage. Cop Shot The Kid makes me ears hurt and is unpleasant on the senses.

Agree except on the beats and I thought Cops shot the kid was dope the way he looped it and everything

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Off the first listen, Nas did it again.

This man has been in the game for almost 30 years and he still manages to come out with cohesive, entertaining albums. His songwriting has never declined, and his flow might be a little shaky at times, but he still sounds like he belongs in the booth. This is what it's supposed to be like as a legendary artist in your later years. Others make it sound impossible, with their start and stop flows, weak punchlines, unnecessary features, and awful throwbacks that no one asked for. But Nas keeps it simple. This is all you really need.

I'm also glad they changed the tracklist around because "Not for Radio" is a much better opener than "everything," even though both songs were dope.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I like every song except everything .

It's a dope album tho, I can't rock with this 7 songs, soon as u really start vibing that shyt is over

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
People in here all over the place. Some favorites are others’ worse. Some say the production is dope, while others say it’s bad. I was actually scared because nikkas said the beats were wack. This shyt is dope.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
They are still tweaking this. Tidal updated it again today. The first track with Puff now has Puffs vocals sounding like he’s talking through a megaphone.... like he did on BIGs “My Downfall”.
Excuse me?

So there are multiple versions of the same album. Then what's the point releasing an incomplete project?

Terrible marketing.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
People in here all over the place. Some favorites are others’ worse. Some say the production is dope, while others say it’s bad. I was actually scared because nikkas said the beats were wack. This shyt is dope.

So basically the same reaction people always have to every Nas album:mjlol:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I fukk with this album, but I just have never been hype about the idea of a Nas album produced by Ye. I loved Still Dreaming but that was a different Ye that we'll never see again. I was very intrigued to hear Kanye's sound on Pusha, his own, and his collab album with Cudi because I wanted to see where his mind was production-wise leading into a Nas album. I fukk with those albums heavy, but I was definitely apprehensive about how Nas would come off on this type of sound/energy. My fears seem to be well placed. It feels like Nas is just featured on this album as opposed to it being his project. He's spitting, but it's Nas, what else would you expect? Life is Good was a Nas album through and through. This seems like part of the Kanye return tour. I fukk with it sonically, but these two have never been a pair I was hype to see work together.