Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

10:31

Superstar
Daps
@Jimmy ValenTime bro. You’ve got a gross latency you need to get out after each verse before the hook.. and it sounds like it’s in the hook

Your version throws the song out alignment

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people have ears of a hobbo brehs... i dont get it... they either want Nas flowing like IWW on premier beats... or dont understand creativity..

Being creative shouldn't make you sound worse then your best. The flow was awkward on that track, end of story.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Listening to how good Nasir is and also realizing how good ALL of the other albums have been got me HOT that Kanye had to open his stupid fukking mouth about slavery being a choice and all the other c00nish shyt he did in April.

This nikka coulda UNDISPUTABLY ruled the summer. He gave us the streets with Pusha, the artistic/conceptual with Ye, the joyful and exuberant with Kids See Ghost, and now the cinematic and poigancy of the GOAT Nas.

But instead of the music taking the deserved focal point its undermined by Kanye’s bullshyt. There are some people who (justifiably I might add) are boycotting all this pifferry so as not to support him, and i don’t blame them ONE iota.

This nikka wore a MAGA hat and then dropped bars about police brutality on a NAS ALBUM:gucci:. Nas, THE most pro-black mainstream artist of the past 15 years. Its like Nas lifted that nikka out of the sunken place for a hot minute to remind him what the fukk is going on in the world and then dipped him back in...

Nope.

Y’all nikkas just didn’t listen to anything he really said in those interviews, now you’re confused and conflicted.

‘Ye the same nikka he always been.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Finally copped it off iTunes. Glorious. This has been a great year for music

New Nas
New J Cole
New Evidence
New Elzhi
New Phonte

I’ve been eating brehs.

As for the album, it’s stellar to know Nas been rapping for over 20 some odd years and still timeless with the flow. Still being creative and socially conscious. Still crusading for the youth. The production was great. People need to let Illmatic 2 and a full preemo go and enjoy what’s given. Because what him and Kanye did was great. Raw hip hop. Bars. Subject matter. Grown man music. I love it

:obama: