Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Untitled - Distant Relatives - LIG - Nasir

That's one hell of a run considering Untitled was like his 10th album. The only vet who's been this consistent so far into their career is Ghostface.

I'm putting Roc and Ka up there as well

Mr. Negative

Can't change overnight like Ebenezer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
FINALLY somebody else sampled that RD Burman song. :mjcry:

Anyway, I'm giving this 4.5/5 off first casual listen. About to listen again while I clean the house.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Stay tuned up and down your timeline
This fake news, people is all lyin'
Money is bein' made when a mom cries
Won't be satisfied 'til we all die
Tell me, who do we call to report crime
If 9-1-1 doin' the driveby?

giphy.gif

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Listening to how good Nasir is and also realizing how good ALL of the other albums have been got me HOT that Kanye had to open his stupid fukking mouth about slavery being a choice and all the other c00nish shyt he did in April.

This nikka coulda UNDISPUTABLY ruled the summer. He gave us the streets with Pusha, the artistic/conceptual with Ye, the joyful and exuberant with Kids See Ghost, and now the cinematic and poigancy of the GOAT Nas.

But instead of the music taking the deserved focal point its undermined by Kanye’s bullshyt. There are some people who (justifiably I might add) are boycotting all this pifferry so as not to support him, and i don’t blame them ONE iota.

This nikka wore a MAGA hat and then dropped bars about police brutality on a NAS ALBUM:gucci:. Nas, THE most pro-black mainstream artist of the past 15 years. Its like Nas lifted that nikka out of the sunken place for a hot minute to remind him what the fukk is going on in the world and then dipped him back in...

I got a response to all of this... but ima ask you first do you think Ye bipolar?

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
@Jimmy ValenTime bro. You’ve got a gross latency you need to get out after each verse before the hook.. and it sounds like it’s in the hook

Your version throws the song out alignment

I dont have the stems or wav so i cant do perfect drop in and outs

i went for a madlib thing and tried to simplify the hooks and intros and outros cause they felt overly busy

but its not for everybody :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nope.

Y’all nikkas just didn’t listen to anything he really said in those interviews, now you’re confused and conflicted.

‘Ye the same nikka he always been.

Cape for him all you want. He said what he said

I can’t defend Nas for thr Gweneth Paltrow statement and NOBODY can defend Ye for the bullshyt he said.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Cape for him all you want. He said what he said

I can’t defend Nas for thr Gweneth Paltrow statement and NOBODY can defend Ye for the bullshyt he said.

I don’t cape for nobody, and I don’t follow the crowd to fit in.

There was nothing wrong with anything he said during those interviews.