Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Only thing i need clarity on is what Nas meant about a black man starting Fox News

I truly think that's one of those things Nas says to sound provocative and smart that he probably heard once when he was high and didn't bother to do any research on it. Or maybe a black man contributed money to it when it started and he's like "oh yeah black man started that" I love dude as an artist but he's definitely said some stuff that makes me go "uh huh nikka"

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I truly think that's one of those things Nas says to sound provocative and smart that he probably heard once when he was high and didn't bother to do any research on it. Or maybe a black man contributed money to it when it started and he's like "oh yeah black man started that" I love dude as an artist but he's definitely said some stuff that makes me go "uh huh nikka"

Yea i was ticking off all the other points he was rapping about like “yep yep heard it before” until THAT part and i was like:ohhh: Homie just dropped a gem i never heard!!!”

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I got a response to all of this... but ima ask you first do you think Ye bipolar?

He is. Friend of mine is bipolar and recognizes the traits and signs and he's said as much several times. He says being bipolar is his super power.

Doesn't excuse anything he's done or said, and I'm less mad at him about the political shyt than I was weeks ago but that's got nothing to do with him and more to do with me realizing political discourse in this country sucks ass right now

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea i was ticking off all the other points he was rapping about like “yep yep heard it before” until THAT part and i was like:ohhh: Homie just dropped a gem i never heard!!!”

Yeah unless Rupert Murdoch is secretly a black man, I don't see that. My boy said it best "there are parts of this album where Nas just strings words and thoughts together to make you think he's smart" :russ:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Nas just smokes alot of trees and watches conspiracy shyt. There is a ton of intelligent people who are hoodwinked into that shyt, when I found out Robert deniro was an antivaxxer it hurt.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So now Nas a shock jock rapper? :stopitslime:

Nas has been shock rapper since 91 homie. "I went to hell for snuffing Jesus" every now and then he goes back to that. I'm not even saying he said this to "shock" but Nas can and has said things throughout his career to catch your attention. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing though. He's not Eminem or early Big L