Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
As usual. Lyricism at the elite level.

Only track I don't like is White Label.

Adam and Eve. Bonjour and Simple things.:wow:. I really like Cops too but fukk Kanye.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Listen...

If Kanye wanted to bring back lyricism he could. There are so many artists who still have it but lack direction

Jadakiss
Styles just dropped 20 tracks that were all over the place last month
Rick Ross
Raekwon & Ghost
Lupe
Game
Ice Cube

So many artists could benefit from the 7 track.. 7 beats format man...

But back to Nasir :wow:
7 tracks is just a gimmick. Lyricists can rhyme whether they got 7 tracks or 20. fukk 7 track albums. Especially when you got multiple tracks around 2 minutes long. Smh. This is one trend that will never catch on. Imagine pimp a butterfly or tetsuo and youth being 7 tracks :mjlol:......people really trying to make kanye a genius over this 7 track fornat. 2 of the 4 albums he dropped were trash. Daytona was easily the best. Nasir 2nd. But none of these albums are ground breaking at all. I'll take a great 15 track album any day over a good 7 track one.

And games documentary 2 and 2.5 albums were both better than all these kanye projects. :yeshrug:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
7 tracks is just a gimmick. Lyricists can rhyme whether they got 7 tracks or 20. fukk 7 track albums. Especially when you got multiple tracks around 2 minutes long. Smh. This is one trend that will never catch on. Imagine pimp a butterfly or tetsuo and youth being 7 tracks :mjlol:......people really trying to make kanye a genius for. 2 of the 4 albums he dropped were trash. Daytona was easily the best. Nasir 2nd. But none of these albums are ground breaking.

In the current climate it’s genius given the consumers short attention span

As beautiful as T&Y is, there were was a growing sentiment from many here that is was too long/cryptic

I can’t say Daytona was easily the best when I’ve barely had 24 hrs to digest Naisr; however, I can say Nasir is Nas’ best album in years because it’s short sweet and to the point

No forced radio singles
No album filler

7 great tracks. That’s enough to keep my attention and create anticipation for another project.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
that white label beat

tenor.gif

Fallacy

Replace the last name with an X
Daps
Kanye/Lupe album

Kanye/Lupe joint would be groundbreaking.

matterfact Neptunes/Lupe would also be groundbreaking.

still smh @ CRS never happening. maybe Kanye would be up to it now tho. someone need to tweet breh and remind him.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Not really feeling nas flow on some of these joints

Good background music to chill to but I need more joints like cops shot the kid and Adam n eve