Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I love Adam and Eve but not so sure about the other songs on first listen other than maybe Bonjour. These beats are mediocre to me and some of them sound like they're from 2008.

His flow sounded off on most of the songs to me too.

I kind of agree with the following tweet

But I'm out before Nas stans come proclaiming this is the best album of the year and goat because they like Kobe stans ignore his deficiencies

Ya'll always want nikkas to stay doing the same thing. If that was the formula for success no artist would ever change anything and no artists would ever be washed; because apparently we just want to hear the same album over and over.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Ali Muhammad still contributes to the production q-tip and Ali 2/3rds of the ummah

There hasn’t been a song produced using that name in 18 years and I’m not sure Ali Shaheed Muhammad assisted with any of that production on the last album.

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Mike Dean is considered one of the best Engineers in the game though. He’s not someone you just “fire” like that.

Plus he’s basically kanye’s inhouse guy. He mixed everything from College Dropout to Ye
True, but the dynamic range on Kanye's albums from CD to vinyl are kinda bad. He used to avoid the loudness war until he "won" it.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
What come 1st,
Peace or the paper
Before I had a piece of paper
Peace was in my favor
Before I sat to eat at a table
It had leeches and traitors
Cut the fat from the meat
Extract the weak,
Bon appetit, no bacon
Brothers is swine
It's so hard to trust em, cause my hustlas mind
It's evident they all the same
With gray hair and still mean mugging
Gray hairs are wisdom, that means u seen something
Say something
You stay fronting

:wow:
I can read the flow. That shyt crazy

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
santeria was done way better on two other flips, drugs by freddie gibbs (the kim track) and dark lo- a cold dish. santeria was all over the place

not tryna be some contrarian dikkhead, im just :dead: at how im not feelin any of this shyt and everyone else clearly is

kanye let nas down :wow:
nikka-- Nas is a grown man. If he didn't like the production, he would have said so. You act like he's a child and Kanye daddy dikked him into accepting the album as is.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I mean given he’s worked with No ID and Ye who can do what they can and have I don’t think so

It’s just the usual we want another Illmatic talk
I’m not really getting the first part of what you wrote ... why do you think his opinion isn’t fair again? Are you saying this record stacks up with some of his best work?