Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I’m not really getting the first part of what you wrote ... why do you think his opinion isn’t fair again? Are you saying this record stacks up with some of his best work?

Cause its the same generic argument of people wanting him with the same producers of Illmatic, I think the stuff that No ID did on his last album and the sample based stuff Kanye did here has that asthetic feel and isnt any worse than what those producers were and are doing now

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Yeah but Nas was aggressive as fukk on Untitled and was lyrically assassinating damn near every track

Bonjour is riding music tho :ahh:
Untitled was like 10 years ago of course he's not gonna have the same aggression like he did then.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
yeah he's not lyrically at his best. At this point i think Hov is a notch better. Nas still dope tho. And i like Nas more...

:hhh: nikkas coming with bullshyt hot takes. this the best shyt nas has rapped over in YEARS.
Sit down somewhere, reviewing off a fukking YouTube stream smh

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Cause its the same generic argument of people wanting him with the same producers of Illmatic, I think the stuff that No ID did on his last album and the sample based stuff Kanye did here has that asthetic feel and isnt any worse than what those producers were and are doing now

I don't know why people keep using that argument. Premier hasn't had a placement on a Nas album in almost 20 years, Large Professor hasn't done production work for Nas in that same timeframe, and unless I'm missing something, Pete Rock has only done one song for Nas. ONE. And that was 24 years ago.

Meanwhile, I never hear people say that Eminem should be working with Dre or the Bass Brothers again, even though he should.