Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm just saying I'd this is Mike Dean's fault, Kanye need to fire the fukk out that nikka.

Mike Dean is considered one of the best Engineers in the game though. He’s not someone you just “fire” like that.

Plus he’s basically kanye’s inhouse guy. He mixed everything from College Dropout to Ye

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but Jay’s lyricism on 4:44 was immediately goong over nikkas heads from the jump. Hov hadn’t given that much effort on an entire project in years

This isn’t quite the same. Life Is Good was Nas’ 4:44 before 4:44

This honestly feels like Nas’ Magna Carta Holy Grail.

I feel like this could be an extension to UNTITLED. and that Bonjoure is Still Dreaming successor

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Since this is the wave with GOOD music engineering, when are we ever gonna get a mix/mastered version of MBDTF? :lolbron:

The 10th anniversary? :mjlol:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This a pretty fair assessment of people are being honest with themselves :francis:

I mean given he’s worked with No ID and Ye who can do what they can and have I don’t think so

It’s just the usual we want another Illmatic talk

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
aight..

Not for Radio - need to give this one more spins but i was not impressed

Cops - conscious song hidden behind a old school feel...classic Slick Rick homage being paid....dope!

I'm Gonna Have To Leave You - sounds very filler-ish and possibly the weakest track on a 7 song album

Bonjour - dope track...i need to give this another spin but its just a nice track to ride to

Everything - lots of great and relevant content in this track...production is ok and the hook is off-setting but the song is deep and worthy of replay

Adam and Eve - dope track...def has replay value

Simple Things - classic Nas puttin his life out on the table for all to see...dope track

overall 3.5/5

may change my final rating after a few more spins but this was a solid effort by Nasir...:ahh:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah but Jay’s lyricism on 4:44 was immediately goong over nikkas heads from the jump. Hov hadn’t given that much effort on an entire project in years

This isn’t quite the same. Life Is Good was Nas’ 4:44 before 4:44

This honestly feels like Nas’ Magna Carta Holy Grail.

Jesus don’t say that lol

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
What come 1st,
Peace or the paper
Before I had a piece of paper
Peace was in my favor
Before I sat to eat at a table
It had leeches and traitors
Cut the fat from the meat
Extract the weak,
Bon appetit, no bacon
Brothers is swine
It's so hard to trust em, cause my hustlas mind
It's evident they all the same
With gray hair and still mean mugging
Gray hairs are wisdom, that means u seen something
Say something
You stay fronting

:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It’s just the usual we want another Illmatic talk

I REALLLYYYY wish that mentality would die.

Its like we ALL know Illmatic is great. But so is half of this man’s discography.

nikkas didn’t hound MJ about making another Thriller. He was allowed to experiment and put out classic albums that were different yet appreciated.

Imagine MJ doing Dangerous with Teddy Riley and all nikkas could complain about is why MJ wasn’t working with Quincy Jones and Rod Temperton.:stopitslime:

Ain’t nobody trying to hear ten tracks of QB street tales when Nas hasn’t been a project nikka since he was 25.