Copping Cubans at the duty free
Laying on the most expensive beds
Still I'm losing sleep
Next to Jet"s "Beauty of the week" 1993"

:ahh:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
This album sounds like Kanye grabbed a bunch of Nas acapellas and then made beats around it. Something "off" about the album :patrice:

And that slick rick flip is lazy and kind of annoying too

Yo yall killing me with this analysis

No sign of the album dropping it statement with in the last two hours

I seriously think the negative reception coupled with an unfinished product just caused the album to be delayed.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Cause its the same generic argument of people wanting him with the same producers of Illmatic, I think the stuff that No ID did on his last album and the sample based stuff Kanye did here has that asthetic feel and isnt any worse than what those producers were and are doing now
He said more in that assessment of this project than “i just want the old guys back” which it seems like all you want to focus on as kind of a deflection to his fair critique of the output ...Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe he said anything about LIG so I don’t know why you’re bringing that up... do we know if he liked that or not? But anyhow if in your opinion this project is on the level of some of his best work which those guys were apart of producing and you DONT believe that the producers he listed could do a better job than what was presented on this project that’s cool that’s your opinion of course ... but I don’t believe that serves as grounds to call RA’s assessment of this album unfair.:hubie:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all nikkas are bugging in here, getting mad because other people are not liking it :mjlol:

I haven't listened to the LP yet though but if you like the album, chill & bump it, b....who gives a fukk what somebody else thinks :yeshrug:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
This album sounds like Kanye grabbed a bunch of Nas acapellas and then made beats around it. Something "off" about the album :patrice:

And that slick rick flip is lazy and kind of annoying too
Wow the version I have sounds nothing like that:leon:

Dylmatic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
France
Yo yall killing me with this analysis

No sign of the album dropping it statement with in the last two hours

I seriously think the negative reception coupled with an unfinished product just caused the album to be delayed.
I dont think so, Nas has been retweeting mad positive comments on Twitter since last night. Its getting big praise there and i dont think Nas and his team are browsing forums.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Album is polarizing.... But from what I heard it's solid. Had one song where Nas sounded off beat, but besides that was good.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I dont think so, Nas has been retweeting mad positive comments on Twitter since last night. Its getting big praise there and i dont think Nas and his team are browsing forums.

A read a tweet someone reposted in this thread that had the same negative sentiment I keep reading from several posters

So the reception on Twitter is extremely positive?