Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
So they did a listening party with something unmixed/mastered? And then they realized oh shyt, we have to master this shyt today. Tells you right how much effort went into this album.
I think it's just a testament to GOOD music releases on an engineer level, they were always ass in that regard.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
All these albums have been late simply to prevent them from leaking
That doesn’t make any sense at all. If it’s actually digital release how would it leak early? Ironically this did leak...the incomplete mix version from the live stream. They’re late because the people making them are either overwhelmed, perfectionists, or trolling.

This is not an intelligent strategy and it didn’t stop the album from leaking. Again, most digital releases through Apple Music or tidal etc, don’t leak early.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Oh btw.. for the people that care, this shyt here is dope. It came out today as well
61ZRvrZQPhL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That doesn’t make any sense at all. If it’s actually digital release how would it leak early? Ironically this did leak...the incomplete mix version from the live stream. They’re late because the people making them are either overwhelmed, perfectionists, or trolling.

This is not an intelligent strategy and it didn’t stop the album from leaking. Again, most digital releases through Apple Music or tidal etc, don’t leak early.

I agree.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I love Adam and Eve but not so sure about the other songs on first listen other than maybe Bonjour. These beats are mediocre to me and some of them sound like they're from 2008.

His flow sounded off on most of the songs to me too.

I kind of agree with the following tweet

But I'm out before Nas stans come proclaiming this is the best album of the year and goat because they like Kobe stans ignore his deficiencies

This a pretty fair assessment of people are being honest with themselves :francis:

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Quick reminder:when 4:44 dropped the album’s thread was filled with with people complaining about the beats(saying they were boring) and how Jay-z was off beat or talking rather than rapping. And now it’s everyones favorite album

I say this to say, don’t take what you read here seriously and let the coli cloud your judgement these nikkas legitimately don’t have any idea what they are saying.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Quick reminder:when 4:44 dropped the album’s thread was filled with with people complaining about the beats(saying they were boring) and how Jay-z was off beat or talking rather than rapping. And now it’s everyones favorite album

I say this to say, don’t take what you read here seriously and let the coli cloud your judgement these nikkas legitimately don’t have any idea what they are saying.

Basically