Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Now all I ask for is a Nas album Produced by The RZA.

I have heard unreleased RZA beats my homie 9th Prince played for me a while back. Yall have no idea how amazing Nas album would be.

As a casual I dont get it. But I can only hope
that would be ill. how did the beats that you heard sound? a trend is gonna start, watch. producers collab with emcees for 7 track albums. ghostface and Kanye should have gotten together on some soul shyt

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca

I have heard unreleased RZA beats my homie 9th Prince played for me a while back. Yall have no idea how amazing Nas album would be.

that would be ill. how did the beats that you heard sound? a trend is gonna start, watch. producers collab with emcees for 7 track albums. ghostface and Kanye should have gotten together on some soul shyt

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I miss the days when No Limit was on top and every album had at least 18 songs on it.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-31304-1388709989-10.gif

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
I respect RA for his lyrical abilities but he continues to come off as a cliche elitist lame. I'm sure Michael Rapaport will say the same thing.

Nas already made that album 25 years ago, everyone has moved on. Premo making albums with Royce, Pete making albums with Smoke DZA, Cormega and Large Pro, Nas and Kanye etcetera
I understand the reaction they just think those producers bring out the best in homie.They aren't necessarily wrong damn near every Preme Nas collab is classic can't hate on their opinion.The expectations for Nas album with those producers would be damn near impossible to exceed its best for dudes to move on seem like Nas has:manny:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Adam and Eve but not so sure about the other songs on first listen other than maybe Bonjour. These beats are mediocre to me and some of them sound like they're from 2008.

His flow sounded off on most of the songs to me too.

I kind of agree with the following tweet

But I'm out before Nas stans come proclaiming this is the best album of the year and goat because they like Kobe stans ignore his deficiencies

nikkas want my old shyt? buy my old albums.

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap

RZA said a few years ago he gave Nas a whole machine full of beats, as well as Busta. Nas had to have recorded something, man :mjcry:
The beats on this joint are just ok, hopefully the mastered version pops better

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh, it's okay...the major problem I have is the production, its not bad but it doesn't really suit Nas, that could just be me preferring Nas over boom bap shyt but I don't think so.

And a less major problem I have is Nas not knowing how to really ride a beat, it sounds crazy considering he is 25 years in but sometimes it sounds like he is mashing too many words into the bars, I've had this issue with him for like the last 17 years, he sounds like he is running out of breath too much, that's madd novice, and other times he just sounds off beat with the flow he's using.

And another problem, obviously, is it's way too short, I took my lunch break at 11:30 and it was done before 12, I still had over 30 minutes left of break, lol.

I give it a 3.5, kinda disappointed but not really cause I kinda knew it Kanye and Nas wouldn't mesh well. I bet yall money the other album Nas has, the one he was working on before going in with Kanye, is wayy iller than this. Maybe it will grow on me more tho, :yeshrug:, he definitely had a few moments of greatness on here

You do realize most of your complaints are based upon an unmastered and mixed rip.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
I really hope Salaam Remi and Justice League work on his next album. LIG had mix of old and new which made the album classic status.

While I think Nasir is a good album it could've been better.