Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I love Adam and Eve but not so sure about the other songs on first listen other than maybe Bonjour. These beats are mediocre to me and some of them sound like they're from 2008.

His flow sounded off on most of the songs to me too.

I kind of agree with the following tweet

But I'm out before Nas stans come proclaiming this is the best album of the year and goat because they like Kobe stans ignore his deficiencies

:mjlol: At giving a fukk about RA The Rugged Man’s opinion.

That “give me Premo/Large Pro/Pete Rock” argument has been DEAD since July 1996 when IWW dropped. Nas ain’t going back and lets keep it 100%. He would NOT be the artist of esteem and stature he is today if thats ALL he ever rapped over. He’d be seen as stale and would be dropping bandcamp albums with Apollo Brown.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I love Adam and Eve but not so sure about the other songs on first listen other than maybe Bonjour. These beats are mediocre to me and some of them sound like they're from 2008.

But I'm out before Nas stans come proclaiming this is the best album of the year and goat because they like Kobe stans ignore his deficiencies

somewhat agree, Nas should work with other producers again. Just Blaze produced this classic joint.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I respect RA for his lyrical abilities but he continues to come off as a cliche elitist lame. I'm sure Michael Rapaport will say the same thing.

Nas already made that album 25 years ago, everyone has moved on. Premo making albums with Royce, Pete making albums with Smoke DZA, Cormega and Large Pro, Nas and Kanye etcetera

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
imagine turning up to Nas listening event and the first people you clock are Johnathan Cheban, YesJulz and some weird Bill and Ted looking dikkhead from youtube...where was Lakey when you need him.

i cant take anyone in here reviewing an album that isn't even out yet seriously.

:dahell:

i doubt its going to change much from what we've heard.

the tracklist might end up with a different order and they might make Nas sound a little less sloppy on the master but i doubt theres going to be big enough changes that you can't have opinions of the songs.

I like half of it. Nas has to throw in a fun/a few jokes/punchline banger from time to time. Love the self reflection/times we're living in joints of course but make the complete package again as far as albums go. Also some of the mixes musically are muffled and not crisp

he got a couple fun/corny punches on Bonjour.

2500 posts and the album hasn’t even dropped yet.

This nikka Nas runs the coli

:wow:

and yet his internet forum publicist was in here saying some bullshyt earlier about people wanting Nas to fail.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Haven't listen to this shyt yet but why is his opinion important and why should anyone care what an underground rapper wants

:dead:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
:mjlol: At giving a fukk about RA The Rugged Man’s opinion.

That “give me Premo/Large Pro/Pete Rock” argument has been DEAD since July 1996 when IWW dropped. Nas ain’t going back and lets keep it 100%. He would NOT be the artist of esteem and stature he is today if thats ALL he ever rapped over. He’d be seen as stale and would be dropping bandcamp albums with Apollo Brown.
Exactly

Dude would be Jeru the Damaja status by now if he did.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Ayo fukk this guy. We heard Nas on beats like that ALL our fukking Lives. Whats the problem with being hype about hearing him on some over produced theatrical shyt? Nas said a few years ago he was ready to have fun with the shyt but still giving a message. I forget the interview. He said in another interview dont be surprised if he had all commercial type beats next album. Not the exact words but yea. Id rather hear Jay and Primo in 2018 if anything..

Last edited: