Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh, it's okay...the major problem I have is the production, its not bad but it doesn't really suit Nas, that could just be me preferring Nas over boom bap shyt but I don't think so.

And a less major problem I have is Nas not knowing how to really ride a beat, it sounds crazy considering he is 25 years in but sometimes it sounds like he is mashing too many words into the bars, I've had this issue with him for like the last 17 years, he sounds like he is running out of breath too much, that's madd novice, and other times he just sounds off beat with the flow he's using.

And another problem, obviously, is it's way too short, I took my lunch break at 11:30 and it was done before 12, I still had over 30 minutes left of break, lol.

I give it a 3.5, little disappointed but not really cause I kinda knew Kanye and Nas wouldn't mesh well. I bet yall money the other album Nas has, the one he was working on before going in with Kanye, is wayy iller than this. Maybe it will grow on me more tho, :yeshrug:, he definitely had a few moments of greatness on here

Daps
Just think of it as the old days where we had to go to the store and cop :manny:

Getting out after school, taking the bus to the store. Fighting to get that damn wrapper off with the damn sticker at the top :beli:

We gon have this for the ride home after works brehs :ahh:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: At giving a fukk about RA The Rugged Man’s opinion.

That “give me Premo/Large Pro/Pete Rock” argument has been DEAD since July 1996 when IWW dropped. Nas ain’t going back and lets keep it 100%. He would NOT be the artist of esteem and stature he is today if thats ALL he ever rapped over. He’d be seen as stale and would be dropping bandcamp albums with Apollo Brown.
Idgaf about RAs opinion. I agreed with the sentiment about these beats being off.

And tbf his tweet was the only one trending on Twitter cuz y'all don't seem to know how to download an album anymore.

Everyone in here whining about the platforms not having it up yet