Nas - NASIR (Discussion Thread)

10:31

Superstar
Daps
:merchant: This isn’t a good look at all

You think they were turned off by the initial feed back?

Yall were in here making it seem like it was the worst album you’ve ever heard and shyt

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
all these kanye produced projects have been scrapped together at the last minute.

dude was really over his head with this idea.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:

Yall were in here making it seem like it was the worst album you’ve ever heard and shyt

Naw cause everyone on Twitter loved it. Coli is the only place I've seen giving it bad feedback.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
As far as the older boom bap producers everyone is clamoring for to collaborate with Nas.....Adapt or Die. Nothing wrong with wanting to keep your "signature" sound, but mix it up, add stuff, try different things. One of the reasons why dudes like Kanye, Dr. Dre, Timbaland, etc are still in demand after all these years is because of their ability to adapt.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:mjlol: At giving a fukk about RA The Rugged Man’s opinion.

That “give me Premo/Large Pro/Pete Rock” argument has been DEAD since July 1996 when IWW dropped. Nas ain’t going back and lets keep it 100%. He would NOT be the artist of esteem and stature he is today if thats ALL he ever rapped over. He’d be seen as stale and would be dropping bandcamp albums with Apollo Brown.

I can't even name one of his songs :lolbron:

if large professor was still making :fire: he'd be actually working more.

I love primo and consider him the GOAT producer in hip-hop, but in 2018, I'm not clammoring for entire album of him and nas. that ship sailed in the early 2000's.

and even his recent production such as phrhyme is very hit or miss.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
this roll out even worse than the Ye and Kids See Ghosts one..didn't think it was possible.
i got a busy day and weekend ahead, so i'll just drop my quick scattered thoughts after listening to the stream rip several times and if anything changes i'll just give refreshed thoughts.

subjected to change.

Not For The Radio -
good opener...beat surprised me, not what i was expecting.
first verse fire, 2nd verse funny but not in a good way..hook trash.

Cops -
good concept...i actually like the idea with the sample. it was going well then that Kanye verse came in.

I'm Going To Have To Leave You -
beat is fukkin crazy..sounds like part of the Batman Animated Series intro music. not a beat i would pick for Nas.
that first verse is fantastic..the type of bars i want from Nas but the beat overpowers him. hopefully Mike Dean sorts it out in the final cut.

Bonjour -
beautiful. absolutely beautiful, this is what i wanted from a Kanye produced Nas album. playful verses.

Everything -
a Kanye song that ended up on Nas album.
that second verse is the best Nas sounds on the whole album and i don't really like the actual verse.

Adam & Eve -
best song on the album and the song where everything i liked in different parts of the album comes together.
Nas talking that talk i want to hear from him and that beat is amazing.

Simple Things -
really nice ender but no way the final cut ends so abruptly

my expectations might have been too high but i'm happy enough with the album.
doesn't feel like a seminal album in his career the way say 4:44 is for Jay but its an interesting side piece.

not his strongest work as an MC..it just sounds good hearing him rap consecutive verses again though.
i've never been big on when Nas pulls out his history bars..i need that Esco cloth talk and the reflective stuff. the complaints i've had about how he sounds on songs is still there but not as bad. hopefully ironed out.

production is interesting. i was expecting more soul with this one..moodier.
there was several times on the album i thought Ghostface would be a better fit.

see if i feel any different next week after sitting with the official joint.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Well it’s weird because the initial feedback was overwhelmingly positive on twitter unless Nas team team just reads the Coli and like 10 specific twitter big people

I’m just gonna assume mike dean needs to fix things there’s like one track with one verse for instance

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
A lot of people I saw that were complaining online are ones that like the artist doing the same shyt he did 20+ years ago. Still waiting to hear this, only thing I've heard is a line that said "Escobar season begins" and shyt buffered after that and I said fukk it, I'll wait for the real deal. CD+Vinyl on the way tho. Jay Rock keeping me occupied until this drops :yeshrug: