Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And you think Hitboy is giving him those type of beats?:what:.....y'all are delusional. Hitboy's beats are the definition of minimal. They got no thump. No meat. They're just cheap soundpack beats. The type of beats white people would feel comfortable eating brunch to. Even his trap beats don't bang cause the mixing is always horrible. Ain't shyt on any of these tapes bang harder than this. Real instruments. Real mixing. Real bass. Not cheesy ass Casio keyboard beats.

Hit could never in his life make drums that slap like this. It's different levels in the beat game. And Hitboy is not on that level. Most overrated producer in the game. Hearing Nas over hard beats is exactly why I want him to stop working with Hitboy. Hitboy's beats are LIGHT. The type of beats sportscenter plays during highlights.

You are delusional. :mjlol:

Get these NyQuil beats out of here. :camby:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Nas rapped over any of these beats some of these dudes talking about the response would be its boring :russell:I just did a search on this “Mick Jenkins” cat and there’s been 7 threads about him with 10 posts total this year, but just as many mentions in this thread alone :heh: If Hit Boy aint your cup of tea thats cool, everything isnt for everybody. Exit the thread and leave the discussion for people that want to talk about the album.

I’m flabbergasted. This nikka really pulled Muck Jenkinha out of his ass as an example of what Nas should be doing. :mjlol:

If these beats worked, they would have worked for Mick Jenkins. He would be known now off the spectacular beats and music he put out. As it stands if you randomly asked 1people who mick Jenkinhs is, 99.99999% would have no idea.

These dudes done lost they minds.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
You are delusional. :mjlol:

Get these NyQuil beats out of here. :camby:
Jesus christ :mjlol:

Meanwhile you Nas fanboys will call this basic ass shyt a classic :pachaha:

Just listen to the weak ass snare on this shyt:what:....sounds like he recorded these drums over a cellphone speaker:dead:....he woulda been better off just getting somebody to beatbox:scust:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus christ :mjlol:

Meanwhile you Nas fanboys will call this basic ass shyt a classic :pachaha:

Just listen to the weak ass snare on this shyt:what:....sounds like he recorded these drums over a cellphone speaker:dead:....he woulda been better off just getting somebody to beatbox:scust:

These songs jamming. The beats, the lyrics, the flow and subject matter is all on point.

If you don’t like either of these songs, I don’t see how you are a Nas fan or why you are in these KD/Magic threads other than to spread your misery and troll nikkas who are looking forward to the album.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikkas going around saying magic 2 is better than magic 1 is like jay going around saying magna carter is top 5 in his catalog. Lmaooooo
Magic 1 is a winter vibe and Magic 2 is a summer vibe. If you prefer dusty timbalands in the winter time you might prefer 1. If you prefer vibes in the summer time you may prefer 2. Both great.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
It's crazy how dudes in here don't think Hit gave Nas any heat in these last 3 years lol.

WTF are y'all listening to?

Hit laced Nas with soul, boom-bap, trap style beats....everything, so much variety, there's gotta be something y'all like.

C'mon brehs.

I don't know what the dudes listening to lol

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
These songs jamming. The beats, the lyrics, the flow and subject matter is all on point.

If you don’t like either of these songs, I don’t see how you are a Nas fan or why you are in these KD/Magic threads other than to spread your misery and troll nikkas who are looking forward to the album.
I actually like the thun song. But it's in spite of the wack ass drums. That's the point. These albums are all decent. But that's it. Cause Hitboy is not matching nas's level and he never will. Hitboy is a jack of all trades, master of none kinda producer. He can do boom bap. He can do trap. But he's not great at either one. Nas is better off just going to the elite producers in those fields. The producing talent pool is crazy nowadays. Hitboy was never considered one of the best.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
I objectively think y'all nikkaz done lost ya minds if think Magic 2>1 :heh:
Sincerely Stuck in the 90's nikka

I'm with you on this. Magic 1 is one of his best albums period. I liked Magic 2.....but it doesnt compare (my opinion of course)

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
I'm with you on this. Magic 1 is one of his best albums period. I liked Magic 2.....but it doesnt compare (my opinion of course)
Magic 2 might be more easily digestible to a listener but 1 is whole other level. I can play that shyt anytime winter summer spring don't matter that album is incredible. No lower than 7th in his catalog Magic 2 probably not top 10

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually like the thun song. But it's in spite of the wack ass drums. That's the point. These albums are all decent. But that's it. Cause Hitboy is not matching nas's level and he never will. Hitboy is a jack of all trades, master of none kinda producer. He can do boom bap. He can do trap. But he's not great at either one. Nas is better off just going to the elite producers in those fields. The producing talent pool is crazy nowadays. Hitboy was never considered one of the best.

Nas has chemistry with Hit that he won't have with 5-6 producers. Let them cook. If ya'll ain't fukking with Hit, see ya'll on the next one. But it's getting fukking tiring hearing "Nas should be working with X producer" each time an album is getting ready to drop.