Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Jarv hinted HEAVILY that he’s in line to interview Nas one day.

Kind of surprising considering i thought if Nas would interview with any blogger it would be Coop from A2HH but the plug chick straight up said that ain’t happenin. Considering how close she is to Coop and the fact she has beef with Rap Roundtable AND now Rap Roundtable and A2HH have this weird beef/competition thats interesting

Interesting. If I had to pick between the two I'd honestly rather see an interview happen with RR. Jarv is a self-admitted Jay stan but he's pretty objective when he's not trolling. I think he would ask better questions.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

That makes me know that......they had the right idea in the beginning, and all they had to do was elevate. See, what they do is, they have certain formulas. They have certain formulas, they just update 'em.....with the times, and everything. So, the style of the rhymes is elevated, the style of the beats is elevated. But it's still Nas and Hit-Boy. And there's always a message involved. :wow:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell i like Magic 2 better than Magic 1. I like when Nas experiments and i also like when Nas flows over modern sounding production. I absolutely LOATHE stuck in the 90’s nikkas when Nas himself moved on from being strictly a boom bap artist in muthafukking 96.
You and I are the exact same In our sentiments. Nas on modern production is crazy.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Why does she have beef with Rap Roundtable?

It was some Twitter shyt a few weeks ago. I think Cinsere said some shyt she didn’t like and she called out the entire platform and it went from there.

It culminated with them basically saying that one person’s personal twitter didn’t speak for the entire team

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy how dudes in here don't think Hit gave Nas any heat in these last 3 years lol.

WTF are y'all listening to?

Hit laced Nas with soul, boom-bap, trap style beats....everything, so much variety, there's gotta be something y'all like.

C'mon brehs.
I honestly think people are mad that Nas is getting all this love. Some people like to be contrarian’s. They can’t objectively feel that way.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
then what does that make hitboy's beats?:francis:......if those same beats were on magic 2 y'all would be calling it a classic. Micks production actually has soul. hits does not. Don't even get me started on the mixing. Sonically they're not even comparable. That's why everyone is rejoicing that this is the last Nas and Hitboy album.

Y’all gotta stop. It’s 2023, ain’t nobody trying to listen to nyquil music. We want music that knocks and gives Nas a chance to go in.

Nas has always sounded better on beats that knock. NYSOM, Nas is Like, Hate me Now, get Down, Made you Look etc. I could see if these are the type of beats that y’all are pushing for, but they are not. Y’all want him rhyming over some drumless/minimal drum loops. :camby:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all gotta stop. It’s 2023, ain’t nobody trying to listen to nyquil music. We want music that knocks and gives Nas a chance to go in.

Nas has always sounded better on beats that knock. NYSOM, Nas is Like, Hate me Now, get Down, Made you Look etc. I could see if these are the type of beats that y’all are pushing for, but they are not. Y’all want him rhyming over some drumless/minimal drum loops. :camby:
Store run drums speechless wave gods drums are knockin wtf you talkin about

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Top 4 from the KD- Magic series
KD1: Ultra Black, All Bad, Full Circle, The Cure.
KD II: Rare, Store Run, Nobody, Composure.
Magic: Speechless, 40-16, Wave Gods, The Truth.
KD III: Legit, Thun, Reminisce, WTF SMH
Magic 2: Office Hours, Bokeem Woodbine, What It All Really Mean, Slow It Down.