Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
That makes me know that......they had the right idea in the beginning, and all they had to do was elevate. See, what they do is, they have certain formulas. They have certain formulas, they just update 'em.....with the times, and everything. So, the style of the rhymes is elevated, the style of the beats is elevated. But it's still Nas and Hit-Boy. And there's always a message involved. :wow:
captain-america.gif

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Full Circle, Cure, Blue Benz, 10 Points

DeathRow, Pressure, Store Run, Nobody

Speechless, Ugly, 4016, Hollywood Gangsta

Thunn, Hood2Hood, On Fire, Beef

Motion, Slow Down, Earvin, Black Magic

as a testament to nas and hitboy greatness (they the new gangstarr)

it became progressively more difficult to chose 4 songs as the albums progressed

true goat ish

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
And honestly I wasn't even all that a fan of Salaam's beats for Nas. They had a few joints together, but, aside from Hit Boy, I'd rather see Nas work with the cats from the Stillmatic/ God's Son era.
Large Pro, Primo, LES, The Hitmen and the Alchemist of that ERA ! (when he was lacing Nas with like Mastermind, Book of Rhymes and My Way)
U know Salaam did more beats for Nas in that era than the producers u stated right?
Salaam started workin with nas from Stillmatic till LIG.
But Salaam like LES and Trackmasters had the most tracks produced for Nas b4 Hitboy.
Im not one of those dudes who want Nas back with Salaam/Premo/Large Pro type!

But to set the record straight Salaam has a large chunk of tracks in Nas's classics folder.....

Wat Goes Around
Get Down
I Can
Made You Look
Sekou Story
Streets Disciple
Bridging the Gap
Thief's Theme
The N
Chery Wine
A Queens Story