Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Thank god this run is over ... I was more than done with this shyt after KD3, Magic 2 sounded like a compilation of tracks that weren't good enough to make the other albums.

I dunno what made Nas think 6 albums was an acceptable run with a hit boy.. shyts retarded.
your name is fitting. :lolbron:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FAST FOOD

This is like sitting at Mcdonalds, not eating anything, just watching everybody else eat. Mcdonalds might be the wrong analogy though. If you wanted a happy meal with a toy included, you should be posted in the Drake thread. We good over here.

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Oh yea I see everyone in this thread rejoicing that this is Nas and Hit Boys last album :mjlol: Get out of here and go listen to Mick Jenkins in a cold basement:camby:. Let the Goat and Hit Boy cook like they have been the last 5 albums.
They done cooked up the same exact album 5 times in a row now. I couldn't pick any one out of a lineup with a gun to my head. They all just blend in with eachother. Nas makes safe NBA playoff music now.

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mick Jenkins new album is album of the year. Period. Nas and Mick both came hard. But the biggest difference is in the production. Them wack ass magic beats simply don't compare. Anybody who thinks any beat on magic is better than these is out of their damn mind.

Mick got that album of the year wrapped up EASY. When I say I wanna hear Nas over great production THIS is the type of shyt I'm talking about. I don't care if it's madlib, alchemist, or some complete no name. But this type of quality is what I'm talking about.

While I agree that Mick has AOTY, I don't hear anything in these beats that HB can't do or hasn't given to Nas yet. Matter of fact he's given him even way better beats. The beats aren't what make Mick's shyt AOTY and it's generally the same for Nas. Any MC can shop for good beats but not every MC is elite.

Back to Magic 3, this is probably gonna be sweet and sour, God knows if Nas keep that same energy to drop music after this incredible run with HB. Let's just appreciate the moment here. More than the beats, I'm actually curious where Nas is going to take this thematically. I'm sure they had it all planned out even before the release of M2, and I really hope they close out on a high(er) note. The last one needs to be incredible, not to tarnish the legacy of the whole run.

But all in all, very happy for them, for Nas especially, dropping the end of a double trilogy on your 50th birthday must be an incredible feeling. Something no one had ever done and no one ever will. Nas did 2 things that will never be matched, which is dropping the GOAT album and having such a glorious run around 50 years old. Current rappers in their 20s or 30s won't be doing this in 30 or 20 years, it won't happen again.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They done cooked up the same exact album 5 times in a row now. I couldn't pick any one out of a lineup with a gun to my head. They all just blend in with eachother. Nas makes safe NBA playoff music now.
Thats cap..you just a hit boy hater..just admit it...he bringing the best out of nas and got him hungry again..only magic 2 was weak rest were heat...magic 1 was dope as fukk wtf you talking about