Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't really bother with that song.

I strongly feel songs such as Spicy, Till My Last Breath, **One Mic, One Gun were influenced mainly by Hit if it were strictly up to Nas he wouldn't have touched those records.

**Yes I know of the back story to One Mic, One Gun the reason why that song came about.

Actually Nas himself insisted that Spicy be on the album. Thats why its labeled as a bonus, because Hit didn’t feel it fit anywhere else and Nas said throw it on at the end and make it a bonus.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Mick Jenkins new album is album of the year. Period. Nas and Mick both came hard. But the biggest difference is in the production. Them wack ass magic beats simply don't compare. Anybody who thinks any beat on magic is better than these is out of their damn mind.

Mick got that album of the year wrapped up EASY. When I say I wanna hear Nas over great production THIS is the type of shyt I'm talking about. I don't care if it's madlib, alchemist, or some complete no name. But this type of quality is what I'm talking about.

Cool story bro

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Actually Nas himself insisted that Spicy be on the album. Thats why its labeled as a bonus, because Hit didn’t feel it fit anywhere else and Nas said throw it on at the end and make it a bonus.

From what I remember reading, Nas didn't want it on the album cause it didn't fit, and Gabe convinced him to throw it in as a bonus track.

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
I also Avoid YKTV and Till the War is won.
9fN02NI.png

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Mick Jenkins new album is album of the year. Period. Nas and Mick both came hard. But the biggest difference is in the production. Them wack ass magic beats simply don't compare. Anybody who thinks any beat on magic is better than these is out of their damn mind.

Mick got that album of the year wrapped up EASY. When I say I wanna hear Nas over great production THIS is the type of shyt I'm talking about. I don't care if it's madlib, alchemist, or some complete no name. But this type of quality is what I'm talking about.

those beats are nothing special:heh:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spicy in particular rang off. It’s actually one of the most popular songs in the run. 1 of the 2 songs that’s charred off of KD1, along with replace me. That’s the reason a younger person like hit needs to be in the studio. You said Nas would have left that record off and that would have been a mistake.

Spicy is dope af. I’m glad that song made it on the album even if it was a bonus track.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Mick Jenkins???? :laff:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
those beats are nothing special:heh:
then what does that make hitboy's beats?:francis:......if those same beats were on magic 2 y'all would be calling it a classic. Micks production actually has soul. hits does not. Don't even get me started on the mixing. Sonically they're not even comparable. That's why everyone is rejoicing that this is the last Nas and Hitboy album.