Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Kings Disease 3 going to win rap album the year. I’m calling it now.

I think Her Loss or one of the albums with bigger sales will, especially now they’ve gave Nas an award for Kings Disease 1

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
speaking of grammys

looking at the list. Sexy Redd submitted Pound Town 2 w/Nicky instead of the solo version

If Nicky asked her to do that, thats weak as fuhk. She desperate as shyt for a grammy. Its not your song Nicky. you didnt make that song better. fuhkin leach shyt

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to a Grammy insider Nas submitted the following

Kings Disease 3- Best Rap Album

Michael & Quincy- Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance

One Gun One Mic- Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance

On My Soul- Best Song Written For Visual Media

So its like I predicted, Nas and his team decided to go with KD3 as its the more Grammy leaning album and both KD1 and 2 were also nominated. I’d like to see Michael & Quincy get a Best Rap Performance nod as Nas rapped his muthafukking ASS OFF on that joint and it would be ironic if One Gun One Mic got into Best Rap Song considering that its technically a Magic 2 track (and the whole “relevance” argument would be a fun sticking point to jab at the fukk Nas Coalition)

Overall these submissions are very strategic and I can realistically see him getting into at least 3 of those 5 categories (Best Rap Album should be a lock for a nom, then M&Q for Best Rap Performance and One Gun One Mic for Best Rap Song)

Also its official that Drake & 21 are submitting Her Loss this go round, which would make them the favorites as the Grammys ALWAYS award the highest selling album in the rap categories unfortunately. But here’s to rooting for Nas & Hit-Boy regardless of the odds

@Piff Perkins what say you?
Nas should have put KD3 up for Album of the Year too. Just because

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
According to a Grammy insider Nas submitted the following

Kings Disease 3- Best Rap Album

Michael & Quincy- Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance

One Gun One Mic- Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance

On My Soul- Best Song Written For Visual Media

So its like I predicted, Nas and his team decided to go with KD3 as its the more Grammy leaning album and both KD1 and 2 were also nominated. I’d like to see Michael & Quincy get a Best Rap Performance nod as Nas rapped his muthafukking ASS OFF on that joint and it would be ironic if One Gun One Mic got into Best Rap Song considering that its technically a Magic 2 track (and the whole “relevance” argument would be a fun sticking point to jab at the fukk Nas Coalition)

Overall these submissions are very strategic and I can realistically see him getting into at least 3 of those 5 categories (Best Rap Album should be a lock for a nom, then M&Q for Best Rap Performance and One Gun One Mic for Best Rap Song)

Also its official that Drake & 21 are submitting Her Loss this go round, which would make them the favorites as the Grammys ALWAYS award the highest selling album in the rap categories unfortunately. But here’s to rooting for Nas & Hit-Boy regardless of the odds

@Piff Perkins what say you?

Yeah I peeped Drake and 21 submitted which will make the nominations list tough. I just hope Nas gets a rap album nomination. Didn’t like how the BET hip hop awards did him

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
speaking of grammys

looking at the list. Sexy Redd submitted Pound Town 2 w/Nicky instead of the solo version

If Nicky asked her to do that, thats weak as fuhk. She desperate as shyt for a grammy. Its not your song Nicky. you didnt make that song better. fuhkin leach shyt
I’m pretty sure she did that cause Nicki is a big name. Y’all be finding any reason to be mad at shorty. Lol