Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
KD 3 & Magic 3 are the top two albums for me as well. KD3 with the slight lead, as it's been out longer. The ultimate test for me is the replay factor. How often I go back to the album weeks and months after it's been released. The replay value on Magic 3 is crazy right now tho :whew:

Lets not forget about KD2

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I need one of y'all to connect Based on true events pt 1 and 2 for me.. The dude who Nas was talking about on pt 1 in the picture with Half a mil is the same dude from pt 2 but not the main character. It was the main character man who got killed during the exchange correct? Because at the end of the song Nas goes back to his Ig page and people left Rip comments under his picture.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Wasn't too keen on 1800 Nas & Hit beat, but its the perfect soundtrack credit roll to KD & Magic trilogies:myman:

...Disbelief just from my 2020s run:banderas:

Thanks GOAT MC:boss: for expanding your discography past its prime:ahh:

"No, my brother, you gotta cop your own"

Why is that line so funny? I can't borrow the Hit-Boy boxset? What if I just decided to take it one day because I can't afford my own? :skip:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

IDK if this been posted but a young homie go through his recent material started with KD2

This run with hit has alot more younger people tapping in. It’s a beautiful thing too see. I wouldn’t mind seeing Nas go on a feature run and kill all the young dudes beats. He is capable of anything really.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
According to a Grammy insider Nas submitted the following

Kings Disease 3- Best Rap Album

Michael & Quincy- Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance

One Gun One Mic- Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance

On My Soul- Best Song Written For Visual Media

So its like I predicted, Nas and his team decided to go with KD3 as its the more Grammy leaning album and both KD1 and 2 were also nominated. I’d like to see Michael & Quincy get a Best Rap Performance nod as Nas rapped his muthafukking ASS OFF on that joint and it would be ironic if One Gun One Mic got into Best Rap Song considering that its technically a Magic 2 track (and the whole “relevance” argument would be a fun sticking point to jab at the fukk Nas Coalition)

Overall these submissions are very strategic and I can realistically see him getting into at least 3 of those 5 categories (Best Rap Album should be a lock for a nom, then M&Q for Best Rap Performance and One Gun One Mic for Best Rap Song)

Also its official that Drake & 21 are submitting Her Loss this go round, which would make them the favorites as the Grammys ALWAYS award the highest selling album in the rap categories unfortunately. But here’s to rooting for Nas & Hit-Boy regardless of the odds

@Piff Perkins what say you?

Budda

Superstar
Daps

So its like I predicted, Nas and his team decided to go with KD3 as its the more Grammy leaning album and both KD1 and 2 were also nominated. I’d like to see Michael & Quincy get a Best Rap Performance nod as Nas rapped his muthafukking ASS OFF on that joint and it would be ironic if One Gun One Mic got into Best Rap Song considering that its technically a Magic 2 track (and the whole “relevance” argument would be a fun sticking point to jab at the fukk Nas Coalition)

Overall these submissions are very strategic and I can realistically see him getting into at least 3 of those 5 categories (Best Rap Album should be a lock for a nom, then M&Q for Best Rap Performance and One Gun One Mic for Best Rap Song)

Also its official that Drake & 21 are submitting Her Loss this go round, which would make them the favorites as the Grammys ALWAYS award the highest selling album in the rap categories unfortunately. But here’s to rooting for Nas & Hit-Boy regardless of the odds

KD3 is the better more critically acclaimed album, good choice.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kings Disease 3 going to win rap album the year. I’m calling it now.