Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I love Magic 2 but I recognize most people don't so I agree with you. Still, nice to see it get a little love.

Magic 2 is one of my favorite’s of the Hit Boy era and I guarantee give 2-3 years everybody is going to go back and reevaluate their feelings regarding Magic 2 and give it the props it deserves.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Magic 2 is one of my favorite’s of the Hit Boy era and I guarantee give 2-3 years everybody is going to go back and reevaluate their feelings regarding Magic 2 and give it the props it deserves.
I don’t see the misses on Magic 2 honestly.

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
Rolling Stone ( of ALL publications) is pushing for Nas to submit Magic 2 for Grammy consideration

Read yo post like 3/4 times and didnt even see its Magic 2:whoo: ...My mind just thought its Magic 3 coz i had not thought any1 wld advocate Magic 2 for the grammy:ohhh:

Last edited:

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
its my least fav album of the run (theyre all good), but its also the most intriguing. what's your (or anyone's) take on it being a concept album about magic in multiple forms/interpretations? felt like i was figuring it out, then magic 3 drops and its just an easier listen and i havent been able to put it down...but, i was able to find a reference to magic on every song on magic 2.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dropped my daughter off to her mother after a great family weekend.

Immediately had a song in my head. It was like an itch I needed to scratch. Y'all know that feeling.

It was Blue Bentley. Damn. :wow:

:ahh:
Man, that's still my favorite song out bro, I love that record.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
its my least fav album of the run (theyre all good), but its also the most intriguing. what's your (or anyone's) take on it being a concept album about magic in multiple forms/interpretations? felt like i was figuring it out, then magic 3 drops and its just an easier listen and i havent been able to put it down...but, i was able to find a reference to magic on every song on magic 2.
Part of it is celebrating the speed at which the Hit-Boy trilogies were pumped out in about a 3-year span, compared to having to wait 2 years for the next one during the Columbia and Def Jam eras. Magic often uses sleight of hand to work, blink and you’ll miss it. No one saw this coming, literally, so the tracklist shows the Motion of going too fast and having to Slow It Down for the magician to reveal his secret, What This All Really Means. Abracadabra poses the question “Can you escape?” to both the audience and Nas himself, can he escape adversity like Harry Houdini? I think the other half is in stuff like the Bruce Lee quote, “Be like water” which means learning to adapt and I'm reminded of the Kanye line, “You can live through anything if Magic made it”. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, the basic throughline can be found in these four songs:

Office Hours: “One thing I hate is a fukkin Fredo (backstabber), it’s bad for the family”
Bokeem Woodbine: “Feel good, it’s that good type of pain”
What This All Really Means: “Sunshine and rain, tough people last, tough times don’t”
Pistols On Your Album Cover: “The journey was great, but difficult, what is life if it isn’t both?”

A destroy and rebuild narrative isn’t too different from the first King’s Disease, but the attention to death and performance keeps it interesting.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Part of it is celebrating the speed at which the Hit-Boy trilogies were pumped out in about a 3-year span, compared to having to wait 2 years for the next one during the Columbia and Def Jam eras. Magic often uses sleight of hand to work, blink and you’ll miss it. No one saw this coming, literally, so the tracklist shows the Motion of going too fast and having to Slow It Down for the magician to reveal his secret, What This All Really Means. Abracadabra poses the question “Can you escape?” to both the audience and Nas himself, can he escape adversity like Harry Houdini? I think the other half is in stuff like the Bruce Lee quote, “Be like water” which means learning to adapt and I'm reminded of the Kanye line, “You can live through anything if Magic made it”. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, the basic throughline can be found in these four songs:

Office Hours: “One thing I hate is a fukkin Fredo (backstabber), it’s bad for the family”
What This All Really Means: “Sunshine and rain, tough people last, tough times don’t”
Pistols On Your Album Cover: “The journey was great, but difficult, what is life if it isn’t both?”

A destroy and rebuild narrative isn’t too different from the first King’s Disease, but the attention to death and performance keeps it interesting.
these are the posts i come to this board for. 🦾

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Wow you broke this down in a dope way fam :wow: Also reinforced Nas being the goat