Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
this is way better than KD3

this is a top 3 nas album imo
I can respect and see how you have that opinion. I don’t know though for myself, KD3 just has so much going for it, it’s hard for me to put one over the other.

Others might not feel the same as me, but I put both these albums right below Illmatic, It was Written and OG I Am era tracks, right above Life is Good and Stillmatic. Magic 1 and KD2 aren’t far behind them either so it gets real hard to even rank all this shyt at a certain point.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Legit isn’t even the most lyrical song on that album. Based On True Events Pt 2 kills this argument by itself. lol.

What you think is the most lyrical song on that album?

Based on true events 2 is a good storytelling song not Nas at his best but if we’re talking straight rapping I think Legit is better than anything on Magic 3.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Over I Love This Feeling? Based on True Events 2? nah

Easily.

I read Jesus' diary and ran to tell the streets
No, this ain't no hype, we in the belly of the beast
All they said was I would be a felon, be deceased
Instead, I'm in Margiela in Loewe with the crease

takes wakin' up early to face the moment debatin'
Should I save it or blow it? I mean it's only some paper
None of my neighbors too nosy, the Joneses ownin' some acres
To be the greatest is lonely, but it chose me, I take it
Whatever the case may be, I'm out of space, OD
NASA without the A at the end, take off on three

Is better than I love the feeling just for those lines alone.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one waiting for Magic 2 merch? I see some people online already got the Rubics cube for Magic 3 (still waiting on mine).

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was there any Ultra Black hats/shirts? I know I’m wild late but I need some of those if they exist

And not for nothing but that’s one of the best songs of the series, wild how forgotten and pushed to the side it was, I wonder why…🤔

QBN

All Star
Daps
The amount of acclaim that KD3 got but this didn’t outside of the booth kinda astounds me. They’re neck and neck for me with the edge going to KD3.
KD 3 & Magic 3 are the top two albums for me as well. KD3 with the slight lead, as it's been out longer. The ultimate test for me is the replay factor. How often I go back to the album weeks and months after it's been released. The replay value on Magic 3 is crazy right now tho :whew: