Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There were no bundles at all
I think for things to line up it requires the vinyls and Cds etc to be pressed well in advance. So that means the music has to be done well in advance. It sounds like Nas and Hit work up to the very end. Also any physicals that are sold don’t count until the day they ship, so all the physicals bundles etc.. would have to be ready the first week of. But yea after KD1 and KD2 it doesn’t sound like they cares about sales to that level. Even KD3 to an extent.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I know it's not possible but sometimes I wished albums would release with zero credits for a month and no one would know who produced what. I guarantee you would see how biased and hypocritical a lot of people are when it comes to music opinions
I literally said Nas should release an album without letting people know who produced what.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
There were no bundles at all

I still don’t get the rules pre and post this year about that. But I thought it was unfortunate because he has good merch. That physicals don’t count until they are shipped and that’s months later is weird. I wonder if it helps him eventually

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
The people fronting on this masterpiece would be losing their shyt if the production credits was this
1. Fever produced by Kanye West
2. TSK produced by Rza
3. Superhero Status produced by Rza
4. I Love This Feeling produced by Madlib
5. No Tears produced by Kanye West
6. Never Die produced by Kanye West
7. Pretty Young Girl produced by Dj Premier
8. Based On True Events produced by No ID
9. Based On True Events, Pt. 2 produced by No ID
10. Sitting With My Thoughts produced by Just Blaze
11. Blue Bentley produced by 40
12. Jodeci Member produced by 9th Wonder
13. Speechless produced by Salaam Remi
14. Japanese Soul Bar produced by Alchemist
15. 1-800- Nas & Dilla produced by J Dilla

He had a whole album produced by Kanye that most of y’all shytted on, including critics who rate it pretty lowly

On top of that none of these beats sound like any of those producers

I have to disagree

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
He had a whole album produced by Kanye that most of y’all shytted on, including critics who rate it pretty lowly

On top of that none of these beats sound like any of those producers

I have to disagree
That was Kanye’s fault. The dumb nikka had Nas recording to incomplete beats on his way to his release party.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
That was Kanye’s fault. The dumb nikka had Nas recording to incomplete beats on his way to his release party.
Whatever , Nas is a grown man in his 40s at that time, Kanye looks up to him not the other way around, if he had said it wasn’t ready it wouldn’t have come out

My point is big producer names don’t change reception - Hitboy is a big name in his own right

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Whatever , Nas is a grown man in his 40s at that time, Kanye looks up to him not the other way around, if he had said it wasn’t ready it wouldn’t have come out

My point is big producer names don’t change reception - Hitboy is a big name in his own right

That was a Kanye project as part of his 5 album rollout and I think Nas was going into it with that understanding

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps

Nas was trying to get off Def Jam, it was a means to an end. But the album was Kanye's idea and part of his album series. Nas could have bushed it if he really wanted but it would have caused issues for him politically

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
That was a Kanye project as part of his 5 album rollout and I think Nas was going into it with that understanding

Nas was trying to get off Def Jam, it was a means to an end. But the album was Kanye's idea and part of his album series. Nas could have bushed it if he really wanted but it would have caused issues for him politically

I’m not saying it didn’t have to come out just that they could have pushed it back when it was ready

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I’m not saying it didn’t have to come out just that they could have pushed it back when it was ready
No, he couldn’t have. Kanye was on a mission and was pushing 7 albums in 7 weeks each with 7 songs. I thought it was an amazing run. I still play all those albums. It was fun to follow in real time.

Just think of the album as a EP. A Kanye project featuring Nas. That’s basically what it was.