Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Whats funny is Nas outsold Diddy on both iTunes and Apple music and Diddy moved 30K lmao

Puff also wasn’t forecasted on the projections for the top 25 but still debuted 16. So he probably pushed a few units

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I could be wrong but I don’t think Nas will chart this week on the BB200 because technically he released the album on a Thursday which was part of the previous sales cycle.

Wouldn’t that give him an extra day or?

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Anything before midnight eastern time would count toward the previous week. Probably don't make much difference though

Does that mean this is Nas lowest first week sales of the Hitboy series and his career if we haven’t seen it in the charts already?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think they stopped caring about sales after KD2....

these nikkas have the woat promo/marketing team.

To be fair the team can’t do anything without Nas say so and Nas has been consistent throughout his career in not caring much about sales. I remember during an interview when Hip Hop Is Dead dropped and went number 1 and the interviewer asked him how he felt about it and all he said was “I don’t care”.

Wouldn’t that give him an extra day or?
Nah it don’t work like that. Thursday is the last day to count the PREVIOUS week’s sales

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair the team can’t do anything without Nas say so and Nas has been consistent throughout his career in not caring much about sales. I remember during an interview when Hip Hop Is Dead dropped and went number 1 and the interviewer asked him how he felt about it and all he said was “I don’t care”.

Nah it don’t work like that. Thursday is the last day to count the PREVIOUS week’s sales
Back in the 90s some albums would crack the top 200 before they were even officially released because record stores would break the street date and it would sell enough to chart early. I feel like a Master P album was one of those when he was red hot.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Back in the 90s some albums would crack the top 200 before they were even officially released because record stores would break the street date and it would sell enough to chart early. I feel like a Master P album was one of those when he was red hot.

Yea Nas himself broke the street date with Gods Son and dropped it on a Friday instead of the traditional Tuesday at the time. He “only” sold 159K first week but he moved the date up due to bootlegging. Nas has had the WORST luck when it comes to his shyt being bootlegged, its the only reason why Lost Tapes exists or we would’ve gotten the I Am double album.

I think thats part of the reason why Nas has a “fukk it” attitude towards sales. He knows people want his work, and it’ll always show in the concert and merch sales if it doesn’t on Billboard. And with streaming being as fugazi and suspect as it is, I bet he gives not one iota of a fukk

All I know is he’ll always and forever get MY dollars so it is what it is