Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i wouldnt be surprised if it was intentional. Just having fun freestyling most of it.. he hinted at “I can be nasty when I want to” and with more music to come, maybe he will show dont sleep in his technical pen game. Dude is 50 and still, dialing it back, better than 95% of these rappers out.. after listening to locomotive, I won’t ever question if he got naked pictures of god….
Nas always pays attention. Over rapping in todays generation will get you no where. Nas has decided to still kill it (which he still does) but he does it in a more scaled back way to adjust to ear of today. Nas is about 3-5 years ahead of most peoples mindset.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I couldn’t disagree more, I love Nas on Hitboy production. For like every album from Nastradamus to LIG I was screaming at my own self that Nas needed more “poppin” production, like jammin music. I don’t think his production was trash and all that BS, I just think for the level of rapper he is his production needs to match that…Hitboy was 110% what I was asking for, he is exactly the type producer I wanted for Nas.

I only consider overwhelmingly contrasting opinions if the person isn’t on some hater shyt and is being genuine and can explain their stance…that’s why I thought about it for a second. Then they were saying that’s why it doesn’t chart well and all the songs flop, etc… it’s because Nas doesn’t fit the production. I personally think the sales are what they are because Nas old as shyt and so is his fan base lol, that’s why I don’t trip on it…I don’t think Nas does either

My only semi gripe is that Nas pen has kind of taken a hit…no pun. I don’t know if that’s because he’s just trying to coast and not overwrite to the production (which is smart) or if he’s just not the same writer anymore, 🤷🏽‍♂️. Pen still brollic tho
Imma say it like this. Nas isn’t selling much cause he’s on a fukking independent label and barely promotes his shyt. He also doesn’t tap the highest selling artists for features. There’s a game when it comes to this streaming shyt. He doesn’t play it. Another thing is this. The nikka pen didn’t fall off. Son just wrote 6 albums in 3 years. In between touring and business dealings, podcasts, etc etc. Son is busy as fukk. And still gettin busy on the mic.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Eh. I guess. It doesn’t sound old school but it doesn’t really sound modern either if that makes sense.
Lmao you know damn well that shyt sounds old school as fukk, with no hint of modernity to it. That beat sounds like the RZA mixed with Hard To Earn era Preemo, with Nas flowing like Schoolly D on PSK from 1985.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lmao you know damn well that shyt sounds old school as fukk, with no hint of modernity to it. That beat sounds like the RZA mixed with Hard To Earn era Preemo, with Nas flowing like Schoolly D on PSK from 1985.
You don’t think the flow, Cadence and how he delivered it made it more modern sounding? Although the beat sounds boom bap ish?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Imma say it like this. Nas isn’t selling much cause he’s on a fukking independent label and barely promotes his shyt. He also doesn’t tap the highest selling artists for features. There’s a game when it comes to this streaming shyt. He doesn’t play it. Another thing is this. The nikka pen didn’t fall off. Son just wrote 6 albums in 3 years. In between touring and business dealings, podcasts, etc etc. Son is busy as fukk. And still gettin busy on the mic.
Q
M

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
You don’t think the flow, Cadence and how he delivered it made it more modern sounding? Although the beat sounds boom bap ish?
Not even a little bit. You're acting like he came out rapping with a triplet flow or something.

What modern rapper you think he flowing like? Gunna? Lil Uzi? Lil Tecca? Ice Spice? :mjlol: