Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How with bullshyt punchlines
The emphasis wasn’t the punches tho, those were just thrown in there as a little icing…the emphasis is the flow and the scheme and how he maintained it the entire verse and how he was coasting on the beat and his delivery. You didn’t recognize all that? Just the couple random punches? Lol salute.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone on my Facebook said Nas doesn’t do Hitboy beats justice, he used Wayne’s verse as an example of the type of rapper who does, 🤯😱. Said a lot of them beats and joints Hit gave Nas would have been smash hits and everywhere for other rappers but Nas style brings them down.

I’m only relaying it because I know if they feel like that then others do too…and because it’s interesting seeing as how a lot of people like to blame Hitboy/the producer and not the vocalist. Anybody agree with this?

What do you think?

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you think?
I couldn’t disagree more, I love Nas on Hitboy production. For like every album from Nastradamus to LIG I was screaming at my own self that Nas needed more “poppin” production, like jammin music. I don’t think his production was trash and all that BS, I just think for the level of rapper he is his production needs to match that…Hitboy was 110% what I was asking for, he is exactly the type producer I wanted for Nas.

I only consider overwhelmingly contrasting opinions if the person isn’t on some hater shyt and is being genuine and can explain their stance…that’s why I thought about it for a second. Then they were saying that’s why it doesn’t chart well and all the songs flop, etc… it’s because Nas doesn’t fit the production. I personally think the sales are what they are because Nas old as shyt and so is his fan base lol, that’s why I don’t trip on it…I don’t think Nas does either

My only semi gripe is that Nas pen has kind of taken a hit…no pun. I don’t know if that’s because he’s just trying to coast and not overwrite to the production (which is smart) or if he’s just not the same writer anymore, 🤷🏽‍♂️. Pen still brollic tho

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: pez

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The emphasis wasn’t the punches tho, those were just thrown in there as a little icing…the emphasis is the flow and the scheme and how he maintained it the entire verse and how he was coasting on the beat and his delivery. You didn’t recognize all that? Just the couple random punches? Lol salute.
The way they try to hate is brazy. They’re caring like he dropped the beat behind the punchlines and echoed it or some shyt lol

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
For me I gotta give Hit-Boy his credit. I get the criticism about his mixing and all but to me this is an incredible effort. Hit made 6 different albums with Nas. You can nitpick the catalog but as a whole this is some amazing work. To me 4 albums can be considered legendary classic down the line. That's

Magic 3
Magic
KD 3
KD 2

KD 1 And Magic 2 are amazing to me as well. I feel like Nas is only competing with his own catalog at this point. Not including his older work. I'm judging his music from 2020 to now. Insane work. Hit-boy can mimic any sound any era while putting his spin on it. Plus he has his own sound and style. That's some amazing shyt from one producer. If you take his name off and stamp 9th/premo/alchemist/pete rock on there it would have gotten waaay more praise. I think it's because we haven't grown with Hit-boy like the other producers. But for me Nas did amazing on all these joints. We've been spoiled for 3 yrs. That Nostalgic feel came back to me for these albums.

IWasntMadeToPlayTheSon

Mutant Mindframe
Daps
Reppin
Concrete, Concrete like Greg Street
nikkas really ain’t feeling Pretty Young Girl?!?!?

I’m SUPER shocked at that. That production sounds RIGHT at home on some of the Golden Era 90’s albums and Nas was spitting on that jawn.
Incels they don’t like when Nas talks about women