Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me I gotta give Hit-Boy his credit. I get the criticism about his mixing and all but to me this is an incredible effort. Hit made 6 different albums with Nas. You can nitpick the catalog but as a whole this is some amazing work. To me 4 albums can be considered legendary classic down the line. That's

Magic 3
Magic
KD 3
KD 2

KD 1 And Magic 2 are amazing to me as well. I feel like Nas is only competing with his own catalog at this point. Not including his older work. I'm judging his music from 2020 to now. Insane work. Hit-boy can mimic any sound any era while putting his spin on it. Plus he has his own sound and style. That's some amazing shyt from one producer. If you take his name off and stamp 9th/premo/alchemist/pete rock on there it would have gotten waaay more praise. I think it's because we haven't grown with Hit-boy like the other producers. But for me Nas did amazing on all these joints. We've been spoiled for 3 yrs. That Nostalgic feel came back to me for these albums.
That top 4... Totally agree. I will say, Magic 2 is REALLLLLLY growing on me. Just took Magic 2+3 out for a spin on a run today. Sun was shining, running through my city, a place I love, breezing down through the harbor and running by the water. It was beautiful :ahh: . Finally enjoying my own life and this 6 album run has been the soundtrack to just that.

"Never on schedule but always on time". The GOAT :salute::banderas::ohlawd:

Whoever it was in here that pinned KD2 as the worst album in the run needs to stop smoking sherm in '23

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
That top 4... Totally agree. I will say, Magic 2 is REALLLLLLY growing on me. Just took Magic 2+3 out for a spin on a run today. Sun was shining, running through my city, a place I love, breezing down through the harbor and running by the water. It was beautiful :ahh: . Finally enjoying my own life and this 6 album run has been the soundtrack to just that.

"Never on schedule but always on time". The GOAT :salute::banderas::ohlawd:
Thats fire breh. Glad you enjoying the music. I'm here sick with covid smh. Had to take off work for 3days. It's going around at work. But I'm ok though. Been jamming to this album though. We gotta enjoy our Goats while they here.

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats fire breh. Glad you enjoying the music. I'm here sick with covid smh. Had to take off work for 3days. It's going around at work. But I'm ok though. Been jamming to this album though. We gotta enjoy our Goats while they here.
I had it a couple of weeks ago. Was sick as a dog. Get better fam. Stay stacked up that vitamin D3 and zinc. Lemon water

Last edited:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Feel better fam. Don’t know if it was Covid but I was worn down Wednesday afternoon through Saturday evening with a mild fever and a shytty bout of the chills and nausea

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Feel better fam. Don’t know if it was Covid but I was worn down Wednesday afternoon through Saturday evening with a mild fever and a shytty bout of the chills and nausea
Thanks breh. I appreciate it. :salute: I haven't been sick in 2yrs and I was sick with covid back then smh.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Just reading comments on YouTube and Wayne stans going crazy over his verse talking he killed Nas

Thought Wayne did a great verse but I think sometimes I forget the level of some fans when dough like Tae Kwon and eating like Zion got people going crazy.

Same goes for rhyme schemes. People going crazy that he kept in a fairly basic rhyme scheme the whole verse. While Nas to me more impressive finding different pockets and rhyme schemes.

But salute to Wayne. Along with Nobody and Full circle, probably the top 3 collabs of the 6 albums

Yeah I would have left Wayne off. He wasn't horrible but he didn't really add anything to the track for me.

Daps
Yeah I would have left Wayne off. He wasn't horrible but he didn't really add anything to the track for me.
Song is pretty much filler, but his verse was great, just slightly better than Nas' own. It's a good album cut, but I can think of several that were better.