Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some more thoughts after spinning this back around 10 times now.

TSK - The beat is cool but I'm really not rocking with Nas' flow and content on this one. Just comes off a little lazy to me, and I cringe every time I hear the Trump line. Automatic skip for me at this point.

No Tears - I will probably never listen to this track again - in fact I've deleted off the album. Beat is just way too slow, droning, and feels way out of place on here. I have this as easily the worst track of the 6 albums.

Pretty Young Girl - I actually really like this track, but as other posters have said I am a bit disappointed with how Nas approached it. That beat deserved much better verses and content. This is a great example for the folks who support the argument that Nas has wasted a few of Hitboys better beat.

Blue Bentley - Also really enjoy this track but I think they missed a huge opportunity to add a feature like Ross or Gibbs onto it. Could've been a much bigger track.
I rock with TSK heavy. He's not spittin crazy on there but he is floating on that beat. The bars pick up on the 2nd verse.

Pretty Young Girl, No Tears, and Blue Bentley are clear skips for me.

Cyborg11

Rookie
Daps
I like PYG and Blue Bentley those are definitely vibe songs that if anyone else make would be smashes. There is a section of people that don't like happy Nas or when Nas makes radio joints if it's not in the vein of Made You Look, Hate Me Now, Nas Is Like, ect.

I notice that the songs that some people don’t like throughout this run all are the joints that would be radio friendly songs(All Bad, Replace Me, No Phony Love, Brunch On Sunday, Reminisce, First Time, Serious Interlude, Bokeem Woodbine, Magic Ervin Johnson, What It All Really Means, Pretty Young Girl, Blue Bentley).

The only album without a radio friendly song is Magic; no wonder it is held in high regard amongst some although you can argue KD3 and Magic 3 is better.

Wave Gods ain't radio friendly?

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas really ain’t feeling Pretty Young Girl?!?!?

I’m SUPER shocked at that. That production sounds RIGHT at home on some of the Golden Era 90’s albums and Nas was spitting on that jawn.
I swear anytime Nas does something modern sounding, some of the base refuses to like it,even if it’s fire. That flow and cadence was so dope. And the beat is hard.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas really ain’t feeling Pretty Young Girl?!?!?

I’m SUPER shocked at that. That production sounds RIGHT at home on some of the Golden Era 90’s albums and Nas was spitting on that jawn.
LOVE that song. Surprised brehs ain’t feeling it. But I don’t like No Tears and everyone loves that.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear anytime Nas does something modern sounding, some of the base refuses to like it,even if it’s fire. That flow and cadence was so dope. And the beat is hard.
Is it really a modern song though? I don't think that had anything to do with it. Spicy was a more modern sounding song and we all loved that one.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some more thoughts after spinning this back around 10 times now.

TSK - The beat is cool but I'm really not rocking with Nas' flow and content on this one. Just comes off a little lazy to me, and I cringe every time I hear the Trump line. Automatic skip for me at this point.

No Tears - I will probably never listen to this track again - in fact I've deleted off the album. Beat is just way too slow, droning, and feels way out of place on here. I have this as easily the worst track of the 6 albums.

Pretty Young Girl - I actually really like this track, but as other posters have said I am a bit disappointed with how Nas approached it. That beat deserved much better verses and content. This is a great example for the folks who support the argument that Nas has wasted a few of Hitboys better beat.

Blue Bentley - Also really enjoy this track but I think they missed a huge opportunity to add a feature like Ross or Gibbs onto it. Could've been a much bigger track.
Ross on Blue Bentley woulda been fire. I was thinking Drake woulda fit that perfectly, Ross too tho