Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
nikkas really ain’t feeling Pretty Young Girl?!?!?

I’m SUPER shocked at that. That production sounds RIGHT at home on some of the Golden Era 90’s albums and Nas was spitting on that jawn.
My boy don’t like it either. I think it’s Nas’ delivery and flow that throws people off. He’s spitting really simple on it.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This doesn’t make any logical sense. Hit Boy has been working with other artists over the last few years besides Nas, where are these mythical smash hits?
They didn’t get the beats he’s given Nas

🤷🏽‍♂️, I’m open to everyone’s POV, was interesting to me. I knew it wouldn’t fly in here, 😆🫡

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I like Pretty Young Girl. It's easily the hardest beat on the whole album and exactly the type of production people have been begging to hear Nas rock over, but out of all the things he could have done with it he chose to make a song fantasizing about an imaginary girl using dumbed down lyrics (for Nas, at least). It's one of those joints that had my face scrunched the entire time on the first few listens. After multiple playbacks though, I hear shyt like "I see them thighs on her, make me wanna multiply.... You know what to do, post this up right now and @ me." and I'm like, alright, now you're just starting to sound like one of those horny old men in IG comments:mjlol:
eyes-popping.gif

It's not a skip for me yet, but that's mostly because the beat.

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
My boy don’t like it either. I think it’s Nas’ delivery and flow that throws people off. He’s spitting really simple on it.
The song threw me off at first too, like “this cool, but why is this here?”

Even though I’ve warmed up to it overtime, I’m realizing that it’s a segue from Never Die into Based on True Events Pt 1&2 (songs about nikkas who did die). It probably would have connected better if he labeled it an interlude and the song is basically the girl’s introduction, she played her role in Pt 1 and he wasn’t with her anymore by the end of it, how he basically evaded some shyt himself. And then Pt2 expounds on that.

I was just smoking and thought of that. :patrice:Could be right or wrong.:manny:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I like PYG and Blue Bentley those are definitely vibe songs that if anyone else make would be smashes. There is a section of people that don't like happy Nas or when Nas makes radio joints if it's not in the vein of Made You Look, Hate Me Now, Nas Is Like, ect.

I notice that the songs that some people don’t like throughout this run all are the joints that would be radio friendly songs(All Bad, Replace Me, No Phony Love, Brunch On Sunday, Reminisce, First Time, Serious Interlude, Bokeem Woodbine, Magic Ervin Johnson, What It All Really Means, Pretty Young Girl, Blue Bentley).

The only album without a radio friendly song is Magic; no wonder it is held in high regard amongst some although you can argue KD3 and Magic 3 is better.

Cyborg11

Rookie
Daps
Some more thoughts after spinning this back around 10 times now.

TSK - The beat is cool but I'm really not rocking with Nas' flow and content on this one. Just comes off a little lazy to me, and I cringe every time I hear the Trump line. Automatic skip for me at this point.

No Tears - I will probably never listen to this track again - in fact I've deleted off the album. Beat is just way too slow, droning, and feels way out of place on here. I have this as easily the worst track of the 6 albums.

Pretty Young Girl - I actually really like this track, but as other posters have said I am a bit disappointed with how Nas approached it. That beat deserved much better verses and content. This is a great example for the folks who support the argument that Nas has wasted a few of Hitboys better beat.

Blue Bentley - Also really enjoy this track but I think they missed a huge opportunity to add a feature like Ross or Gibbs onto it. Could've been a much bigger track.

Last edited:

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did Nas bite Curren$y with "jodeci member"?

Alc and Curren$y released "Jodeci tape" a couple years before?

I refuse to belive Nas didnt know about that shyt

The track even had the same vibe

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
Did Nas bite Curren$y with "jodeci member"?

Alc and Curren$y released "Jodeci tape" a couple years before?

I refuse to belive Nas didnt know about that shyt

The track even had the same vibe

Nah I think lot of this run’s songs just named after a random line in the song like Wu for the children. And feel this one same .