Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hit posted on IG a pic of all 6 albums and asking everyone what their favorite one was and its interesting Primo said KD 1 given how thats the least popular with the old head underground heads. This on top of Alchemist working with Hit is hilarious

Young Guru unsuprisingly as an engineer said KD 3 and Magic 3 which is another L for the so called producing experts in here :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Coop from According 2 Hip Hop discrediting KD3 just to big up Magic 3 is LAME as hell. Comes off as super prisoner of the moment.

And aren’t they kinda at odds with The Rap Roundtable? Not surprising, Coop is so sassy and emotional lol and I actually think he’s a good dude who means well, but the type you have to tolerate in doses. Mike be holding back from saying a lot of shyt.

Cin from Rap Roundtable threw a shot at Coop when KD3 came out saying that Coop should chill on calling out sites that wouldn’t rate or cover the album. Coop has been sore at them ever since.

Coop threw a shot at Rap Roundtable and said they don’t promote female MC’s. Rap Roundtable provided receipts that they did and they went back and forth on Twitter. Rap Roundtable also accused According 2 Hip Hop on deliberately scheduling they’re shows at the same time as them, forcing people who enjoy both shows to choose between them. That part isn’t true though because the only time A2HH has rescheduled shows was due to technical difficulties or the fact Coop has a child that he centers his work/life balance around.

Basically its a bunch of little petty shyt and potshots thats morphed into a cold war.

If you watched the show they did yesterday Coop said that both Magic 3 and KD3 were 5/5 but that Magic was the better 5/5. He still loves KD3 but he thinks that as an album Nas told better stories and showcased himself as an artist better on M3.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This man just said KD1,KD2, M1,KD3 and M3>>>>>>>>LIG. Iono y'all....

-Locomotive
-Stay
-Cherry Wine
-Wheres the Love
-The Black Bond
-Nasty
Is a Strong 6 joints
Where's the Love, Black Bond and Nasty arebonus cuts. They aren't part of the actual album

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'll always appreciate those guys for calling out the media during the Kings Disease series and the first Magic for the kinda blatant dimissal and holes in the argument....but on the flip side with the albums this year there is some hyperbole. Maybe cause Coop is cool now with the team or whatever and he does argue his points well but yeah. Im a Hit Boy defender but I cant call him top 5, 10 OAT (Today for sure but all time is tough). Mike is more centered about things while still giving props.

Funny thing is Rap Roundtable is cool with Hit- Boy and the team too. Coop is closer on a personal level with the plug chick, like they’re actually friends whereas she doesn’t fukk with Rap Roundtable but Hit Boy fukks with both of them.

Hit-Boy did an interview with A2HH that was really dope. Hit-Boy also sampled Jarv from Rap Roundtable’s voice for this promo

Coop is super passionate and you can tell he lives and breathes Hip Hop. I also credit A2HH and Coop specifically for leading the charge for blogs and sites to STOP mentioning Illmatic every time they review a new Nas project. Since they’ve started pulling cards and providing receipts i’ve noticed that most reviews, be they good or bad, have stopped comparing his new projects to Illmatic and have refrained from mentioning Jay-Z all the time. Coop’s problem is that he takes any criticism of HIS opinions super personally but i’ll add that I get it because having grown up in Atlanta myself, there WAS a certain passion you had to have when you preferred East Coast rap over southern rap. I used to get in some SERIOUS rap debates back in the day when i’d rather listen to Streets Disciple over King. Or preferred Ready To Die over Southernplayastic. You HAD to be passionate, knowledgeable, and damn near ready to fight lol.

I’ve met Mike before, and he’s cool as hell. We chopped it up for about 15 mins and he’s exactly like he comes off on the show. But I also know that behind the scenes Coop works harder and hustles his ass off for the platform. Coop puts his hustle where his mouth is and I gotta respect that. Coop also isn’t afraid to go toe with toe with anyone, I saw him actually argue down Lupe Fiasco on Twitter which is no small feat lmao

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Funny thing is Rap Roundtable is cool with Hit- Boy and the team too. Coop is closer on a personal level with the plug chick, like they’re actually friends whereas she doesn’t fukk with Rap Roundtable but Hit Boy fukks with both of them.

Hit-Boy did an interview with A2HH that was really dope. Hit-Boy also sampled Jarv from Rap Roundtable’s voice for this promo

Coop is super passionate and you can tell he lives and breathes Hip Hop. I also credit A2HH and Coop specifically for leading the charge for blogs and sites to STOP mentioning Illmatic every time they review a new Nas project. Since they’ve started pulling cards and providing receipts i’ve noticed that most reviews, be they good or bad, have stopped comparing his new projects to Illmatic and have refrained from mentioning Jay-Z all the time. Coop’s problem is that he takes any criticism of HIS opinions super personally but i’ll add that I get it because having grown up in Atlanta myself, there WAS a certain passion you had to have when you preferred East Coast rap over southern rap. I used to get in some SERIOUS rap debates back in the day when i’d rather listen to Streets Disciple over King. Or preferred Ready To Die over Southernplayastic. You HAD to be passionate, knowledgeable, and damn near ready to fight lol.

I’ve met Mike before, and he’s cool as hell. We chopped it up for about 15 mins and he’s exactly like he comes off on the show. But I also know that behind the scenes Coop works harder and hustles his ass off for the platform. Coop puts his hustle where his mouth is and I gotta respect that. Coop also isn’t afraid to go toe with toe with anyone, I saw him actually argue down Lupe Fiasco on Twitter which is no small feat lmao

What was they arguing over? :mjlol:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
CJTrump1.png

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What was they arguing over? :mjlol:

Coop on the show took issue with Lupe praising Shakespeare. It wasn’t a big thing just a small part of a larger discussion on Lupe’s music and Lupe got on Twitter and said he wanted to come on A2HH and debate Coop and Coop said “lets go” and then Lupe tried to say Coop didn’t have any idea what he was talking about and they went back and forth and Coop tried several times to set up a time and date for Lupe to come on the show but Lupe backed out

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think been bumpin for long enough to call it and heres how I got it

Fever- Its cool. Love the represent call back. Solid track overall

TSK - I love this track. The beat is straight flames and Nas is just floating. Kinda reminds me of a better 40 side. And 40 side was fire too

Super hero status - this aight. I like it but dont love it. I kinda got a feeling this might become skipable after some time has gone by. Its ok
Love this feeling - :whew: man. Incredible track. The beat, the bars. What else can you ask for. The sample is stuck in my head as I type this.

No Tears - I dont like this one. Something just doesn't connect for me. The beat is def different and the concept is cool but just doesn't click.

Never die - :whew:. Just outstanding stuff. Both Nas and Wayne go crazy. Absolutely love the beat.

Pretty Young Girl - nah bruh:beli:. I like the beat but the bars on here are too basic and frankly immature. Skip status for me.

Based on true events - :blessed:Love this track. Its not the most vivid story Nas had done but still well done. Another fire beat from that gives the song a great feel.

Based on true events pt2 - I liked pt1 alot better. Still solid though. As I said not his most vivid story but still good

Sitting with my thoughts -great track. I thought Nas was gonna dig a little deeper lyrically when I heard the beat. As much as I love this track it could have been even better.

Blue Bentley- nah skip status for me. Dont like anything about this track

Jodeci Member - very smooth song. Sounds like a 9th wonder track. Very dope. Nas just sounds so comfortable over beats like this

Speechless pt 2 - Flames. Different approach from pt1 obviously but still really good verses here with more smooth production from Hit

Japanese Soul Bar - love this track too. Another smooth track with a dope beat change. I thought it was an instresting choice to have all these super smooth tracks bunch together at the end.
1800 Nas&Hit - the concept is :pachaha:but wow this song just works so well. Absolutely love this track. One of my fav tracks on here for sure. Great way to close out the saga

Overall I think this album is really good. Really strong moments. Id have KD3 and Magic 1 over it. Need to let it breathe a little longer though. Salute to the GOAT and Hit for Incredible run. Hopefully Nas takes a nice break before coming back.

8/10