Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Perfect examples of chill trap and modern boom bap that actually sounds modern. Pristine sound. Hard drums. Clear bass. Layered instruments. Hitboy cannot make shyt like this. Musically he's just not on that level. There's much more talented guys in the boombap/trap scene right now. Bump these in the ride and tell me you don't hear a massive difference sonically.

Dude, just admit you was wrong about Hit and keep it moving. Nobody believes you actually want to hear Nas over these slow ass lo-fi study beats.

Do you even like rap music? How do you hear a beat like Fever and think Nas shouldn't be rapping over it?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Dude, just admit you was wrong about Hit and keep it moving. Nobody believes you actually want to hear Nas over these slow ass lo-fi study beats.

Do you even like rap music? How do you hear a beat like Fever and think Nas shouldn't be rapping over it?
I was wrong about hit. At one point I thought he was really dope:francis:

And I didn't even say I wanted to hear Nas over those beats. Those are just examples of what MODERN boom bap is supposed to sound like. Absolutely nothing about those beats is lo-fi. This is how I know you Nas stans are full of shyt:mjlol:

You gonna try and shyt on those beats then hype up this trash :hhh:....get serious. Y'all are not fooling anybody with this nonsense.

:scust:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
ya'll still fighting over hit-boy? good god smh....

one thing i learned in life is that your not going to change a grown person's mind on something by trying argue and showing them how wrong they are. Either they do it on their own or not... And even if they do concede they will resent u for it.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
I was wrong about hit. At one point I thought he was really dope:francis:

And I didn't even say I wanted to hear Nas over those beats. Those are just examples of what MODERN boom bap is supposed to sound like. Absolutely nothing about those beats is lo-fi. This is how I know you Nas stans are full of shyt:mjlol:

You gonna try and shyt on those beats then hype up this trash :hhh:....get serious. Y'all are not fooling anybody with this nonsense.

:scust:

why don't you like the tsk beat?

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Been playing this nonstop.

Then played Magic 2. Both are classic. Magic 2 is just more my speed as a person who loves 808s and boom bap.

Y’all seem to love the boom bap Nas exclusively and that’s cool.
The radio didn't really support any of Nas' albums. And they've been coming out so fast we never had time to really let them soak in and marinate.

I have a feeling that over time a lot of these joints will be rediscovered. Like when they come on, people'll be like oooh, what's that song? And these joints will pop up in random places like movies, commercial breaks, podcast breaks. The entire run will age well. There are some songs I legit forgot about but when they pop on when I'm on shuffle, I get that experience too. "OOOH, what's that song again?"

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been playing this nonstop.

Then played Magic 2. Both are classic. Magic 2 is just more my speed as a person who loves 808s and boom bap.

Y’all seem to love the boom bap Nas exclusively and that’s cool.
Both are great you are correct about that. Nas was floating all over Magic 2 as well. Him and Hit can’t be denied.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
why don't you like the tsk beat?
Because it sounds like a robot having an orgasm

Combine that with poor mixing and a trash synth and it just sounds like a complete mess. Everything in the beat sounds like its competing with eachother and it's distracting as hell. And again that comes down to poor mixing.

That's why hit keeps his beats as simple as possible most of the time. Cause when he starts adding layers everything gets muddy. And this track is a perfect example. It's a weird beat and as a result Nas had to use a choppy robotic flow that doesn't come natural to him. He did his best and spit some dope shyt. But it's extremely hard to get inspired when you gotta turn shyt into gold. Hit is just not the guy for Nas.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Because it sounds like a robot having an orgasm

Combine that with poor mixing and a trash synth and it just sounds like a complete mess. Everything in the beat sounds like its competing with eachother and it's distracting as hell. And again that comes down to poor mixing.

That's why hit keeps his beats as simple as possible most of the time. Cause when he starts adding layers everything gets muddy. And this track is a perfect example. It's a weird beat and as a result Nas had to use a choppy robotic flow that doesn't come natural to him. He did his best and spit some dope shyt. But it's extremely hard to get inspired when you gotta turn shyt into gold. Hit is just not the guy for Nas.

Thanks for the explanation.

So for you it's more the mixing than HBs production?