Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Exactly. Most of hitboy's beats are the definition of "stuck in the 90's"....which is my exact problem with em. They don't sound modern at all. Even the trap beats feel like trap beats from 10 years ago. Tell me why the blackstar albums beats from 25 years ago sound more polished than hitboy's shyt.

There's plenty of great boom bap today that actually sounds modern. With great mixing and hard drums. Even a lot of producers doing trap/boom bap fusion beats that are top tier. Hitboy is just not on that level.

Give some examples please

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Real talk. Remember how crazy NY rappers went when Biggie rapped like Bone on Notorious thugs and that made Nas and Jay drop similar songs later on. An old school 90s rapper dropped multiple albums the way new artists drop multiple mixtapes in a short span but with that quality us old heads are used to. I wasnt even finished vibing to Magic 2 and Nas brought out the lobster before we finished the steak.

I hope he really did inspire his peers because i was at the yankee stadium hip hop 50 show and a lot of those artists got mad love and should continue to tour and get that money. White old music acts were touring all summer selling out shows we need to support ours the same
Biggie didn’t rap like Bone at all. lol. But I feel u.

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Most of hitboy's beats are the definition of "stuck in the 90's"....which is my exact problem with em. They don't sound modern at all. Even the trap beats feel like trap beats from 10 years ago. Tell me why the blackstar albums beats from 25 years ago sound more polished than hitboy's shyt.

There's plenty of great boom bap today that actually sounds modern. With great mixing and hard drums. Even a lot of producers doing trap/boom bap fusion beats that are top tier. Hitboy is just not on that level.

His early work like Clique, Goldie and that song G-Unit remixed were alot more 'modern', actual bangers too, clean sound. I think a big difference is that there wasn't a team of producers/engineers around him while producing these Nas albums, as opposed to his G.o.o.d. music days.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Give some examples please

Perfect examples of chill trap and modern boom bap that actually sounds modern. Pristine sound. Hard drums. Clear bass. Layered instruments. Hitboy cannot make shyt like this. Musically he's just not on that level. There's much more talented guys in the boombap/trap scene right now. Bump these in the ride then bump this album and tell me you don't hear a massive difference sonically.

Last edited: