Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
The radio didn't really support any of Nas' albums. And they've been coming out so fast we never had time to really let them soak in and marinate.

I have a feeling that over time a lot of these joints will be rediscovered. Like when they come on, people'll be like oooh, what's that song? And these joints will pop up in random places like movies, commercial breaks, podcast breaks. The entire run will age well. There are some songs I legit forgot about but when they pop on when I'm on shuffle, I get that experience too. "OOOH, what's that song again?"

elaborating on that thought, that's why you need someone on your team to be creative and promote a few songs on your album that sound like they'd be slept on and use imagery on some movie or skit shyt "kinda like a commercial" playing the song in the background. I realized besides music videos, quick imagery *like a movie scene, a quick cut, commercial etc* will send those pleasure rushes to the brain and make you like the song more than you would listening to it with no imagery. That's why when you hear a song you didn't pay much attention to on an album cut all of a sudden becomes one of your favorites when it's played in a movie or commercial. Personally that's happened to me quite a few times so it makes sense

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
. I don’t like to compare freestyles where the goal is to body the track to full songs that aren’t really required to be super lyrical like that.
You a smart ass dude because I promise you I had the same exact thought while I was typing it, lol, that is true.

But specifically with that joint, it was more like a flow-off than a lyrical exercise for either tho. Wayne’s flows was crazy, surfing on that shyt. Jayz was too kinda

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)

damn that's a hellvua review. good read

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The radio didn't really support any of Nas' albums. And they've been coming out so fast we never had time to really let them soak in and marinate.

I have a feeling that over time a lot of these joints will be rediscovered. Like when they come on, people'll be like oooh, what's that song? And these joints will pop up in random places like movies, commercial breaks, podcast breaks. The entire run will age well. There are some songs I legit forgot about but when they pop on when I'm on shuffle, I get that experience too. "OOOH, what's that song again?"
Wtf

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
Best Review.........:wow:

Never has he made six albums this strong, this consistent. The highlights of the peaks of the first run are what people will mention. This degree of difficulty is so much higher. He has done this from ages 47-50. Let that sink in as this ship sails.

17 solo projects, The Firm, QB’s Finest, Distant Relatives. That is 20 projects. 20 projects in 30 years… I can divide… that’s Stevie and Prince type of output. And almost Stevie and Prince-level quality on some rap shyt.

If this is indeed his grand exit, he is leaving it the way he came in, with an instant classic album with one feature. An ending fit for a king.

:whew::ahh::salute:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone on my Facebook said Nas doesn’t do Hitboy beats justice, he used Wayne’s verse as an example of the type of rapper who does, 🤯😱. Said a lot of them beats and joints Hit gave Nas would have been smash hits and everywhere for other rappers but Nas style brings them down.

I’m only relaying it because I know if they feel like that then others do too…and because it’s interesting seeing as how a lot of people like to blame Hitboy/the producer and not the vocalist. Anybody agree with this?