Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Cmon dawg give Wayne some credit...he was even with Jay on Carter 3
Nah. Jay def got him. And Wayne spit some nonsense at the end of Mr Carter. Wayne killed Jada on Death Wish tho. Wayne typically smokes features with dope rappers. nikka did better than Nas on that song. It’s fine. It wasn’t like Nas spit his hardest shyt and Wayne came thru and smoked him. Nas spit something light and Wayne ate.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I can’t remember, I just remember they were on a staircase and Raekwon warned him or sumn…then Nas duffed him and he fell down the stairs, 😂, I know he’s Doggie’s homie
Yea nikka came thru actin sus and Nas wasn’t feeling his energy and just snuffed the shyt out of him on the staircase. lol.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. Jay def got him. And Wayne spit some nonsense at the end of Mr Carter. Wayne killed Jada on Death Wish tho. Wayne typically smokes features with dope rappers. nikka did better than Nas on that song. It’s fine. It wasn’t like Nas spit his hardest shyt and Wayne came thru and smoked him. Nas spit something light and Wayne ate.
Nas always seems like he’s not trying hard when he’s on records with dudes who are on or close to his level with the rapping…it’s like they’re trying their hardest to go crazy and Nas is just on some 🤷🏽‍♂️ whatever, I’m not excited type shyt, 😆. Wayne smoked that.

Off topic a little bit but Wayne smoked “Show me what you got” crazy…wayyy more than Jay-z did

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

u think so? man I loved that part....thats 1 of the dope things I appreciate about Wayne he be spazzing :mjlol:

ima run back that nas Wayne shyt barely heard it

edit: man idk bout this 1 either they were rapping in different countries lol.... there is no theme that ties them together unless I missed it....both defenitly dropped way 2 many metaphors tho :russ:

I didn't like some of nas flow changeups

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow:

F6H5oWpXwAABBgX

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Anyone else think the experience he had with Kanye (rushed recording/rollout) lit a fire within Nas? Despite the chaos that was Kanye's life at that time, think Nas expected more especially considering how much Kanye wanted to work with Nas.

Yeah probably. The Kanye album should've been his grand return after his longest hiatus. shyt should've been an easy layup - he even kinda scrapped what he had been working on, "Nas Album Done", to link with Kanye. But how could he know it was around the time Kanye was going off the deep end? Bad timing more than anything but the HB era has been the best course correction ever.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nas always seems like he’s not trying hard when he’s on records with dudes who are on or close to his level with the rapping…it’s like they’re trying their hardest to go crazy and Nas is just on some 🤷🏽‍♂️ whatever, I’m not excited type shyt, 😆. Wayne smoked that.

Off topic a little bit but Wayne smoked “Show me what you got” crazy…wayyy more than Jay-z did
I don’t think Wayne is on Nas level with the rapping but I def get what u saying, also. As far as Wayne smoking Show Me What You Got more than Jay. I don’t like to compare freestyles where the goal is to body the track to full songs that aren’t really required to be super lyrical like that.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
HipHopDX review

3.8/5. I feel like the reviewer was kind of reaching to find something to criticize for. He mentioned Pretty Young Girl as a low point when in my opinion its one of the strongest joints and he singles out Nas rapping against A.I. as something bad saying that fans would rather hear Nas rap about street shyt (again, putting him in the Illmatic box)

But have a read for yourselves