Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Album is fire, 😱, 4.5 after two listens back to back. Only like 2 or 3 joints i didn’t really love like that and even those are cool. Not gonna go too in depth since I’m already wild late and I’m sure everybody already touched on everything.

I can see why Doggie Diamonds and these cheeseball, duck ass trapped in the 90s face ass dudes talk shyt, they cold bustas stuck on some timbs and ice grill shyt. Foh, it’s about jammin music! All this shyt is jammin, grown man jammin, ashy nigs too ice grilled up to rock with this type shyt, fk em, 🤷🏽‍♂️. My favorite joint Blue Bentley, what!!!?!? That shyt is fire, that should be the single, son talking that shyt and it’s a bop. Follow it up with one of the more “hip hop” joints to appease that crowd , 🙄. Hitboy did his fn thing on this whole ish, the samples and everything is crazy. Love it.

The 2 storytelling joints had me feeling like I was listening to IWW-era Esco lowkey, 😱

Why do ya'll keep acting like people are criticizing these albums because they're "stuck in the 90s" like Hit-Boy is making contemporary modern beats that dusty mfs can't get with. All he is doing is making some offbrand Roc-a-Fella sounding shyt with some tinny fisherprice boom bap thrown in for good measure. There's nothing forward thinking or cutting edge about his production. It's as out of sync with modern hip hop as whatever washed sounding shyt Premo, Pete etc are putting out.

Cyborg11

Rookie
Daps
I like Nas’ verse on Composure. It’s one of my fav on that album. Maybe I’m biased cause it’s prolly in my top 5 Nas/Hit Boy songs period. lol

Composure is the track I probably revisit the most off KD2 and is also in my top 5 Nas/Hit songs. That beat is so smooth and infectious. It could've been so much more if we got another verse or two from Nas over it instead of Hitboy (although his part was fine). I think it could've been a "Purple" caliber type track

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Nas’ verse on Composure. It’s one of my fav on that album. Maybe I’m biased cause it’s prolly in my top 5 Nas/Hit Boy songs period. lol
I liked the content and the beat and hook... The verse was just on cruise control.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do ya'll keep acting like people are criticizing these albums because they're "stuck in the 90s" like Hit-Boy is making contemporary modern beats that dusty mfs can't get with. All he is doing is making some offbrand Roc-a-Fella sounding shyt with some tinny fisherprice boom bap thrown in for good measure. There's nothing forward thinking or cutting edge about his production. It's as out of sync with modern hip hop as whatever washed sounding shyt Premo, Pete etc are putting out

You such a music wiz.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Why do ya'll keep acting like people are criticizing these albums because they're "stuck in the 90s" like Hit-Boy is making contemporary modern beats that dusty mfs can't get with. All he is doing is making some offbrand Roc-a-Fella sounding shyt with some tinny fisherprice boom bap thrown in for good measure. There's nothing forward thinking or cutting edge about his production. It's as out of sync with modern hip hop as whatever washed sounding shyt Premo, Pete etc are putting out.
What are u even talking about my boy? Lol

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Didn’t Nas punch his man in the mouth back in the day? His man told the story online. It could stem from that, 🤷🏽‍♂️

:russ: That video randomly popped up on my YouTube feed a few months back. Someone should find it and post it cause it was hilarious. Didn’t dude say Nas knocked him down the stairs and when he woke up Nas was gone and Raekwon or somebody was laughing at him?