Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he coasted when needed and let the production/vibe breathe. Tracks like 40 side, The Pressure, DRE. But he was still saying slick shyt. His mic performance on Composure, My Bible, Brunch on Sunday’s, Rare, Store Run and nobody were ill
Composure is probably the biggest violator of coasting.... Nas should have went in on that.

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just reading comments on YouTube and Wayne stans going crazy over his verse talking he killed Nas

Thought Wayne did a great verse but I think sometimes I forget the level of some fans when dough like Tae Kwon and eating like Zion got people going crazy.

Same goes for rhyme schemes. People going crazy that he kept in a fairly basic rhyme scheme the whole verse. While Nas to me more impressive finding different pockets and rhyme schemes.

But salute to Wayne. Along with Nobody and Full circle, probably the top 3 collabs of the 6 albums

Wayne had the better verse but he didn’t kill Nas or anything. Just two dudes vibin on the track.

And yeah, the general public goes crazy over basic stuff lol

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KD3 is a 5 mic album. Front to back perfect. Dope beats. Dope rhymes. Dope concepts. Creative. Good Variety in production and content. Some good social commentary. Both Nas and Hit on their A game. No skips.

KD 2 is 4.5 - near perfect. Really good album. Some really high highs but a bit imbalanced with some low points. And that horrible Em verse destroyed what would have otherwise been a really dope track.

KD1, Magic and Magic 2 are 4 mic albums. - solid albums. Some incredible songs mixed with some decent songs.

Magic 3 I gotta let marinate but right now it's the closest to KD3 for me. Stellar production and Nas is spitting. Good creativity. Good storytelling. Good guest verse. Really good send off. No skips.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks this thread is about Magic 3

Keep the lowkey Nas hating(Jigga stans) about his other albums in the Nas thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus Christ this nikka channeled something on I love this feeling. I've never really been a proponent of "give me that 90s Nas." I've taken and appreciated the music over the decades. But this shyt right here nikka! I close my eyes and feel like I'm back there. I get chills every time I hear it. Maybe you trapped in the 90s nikkas are on to something. :ahh:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Jesus Christ this nikka channeled something on I love this feeling. I've never really been a proponent of "give me that 90s Nas." I've taken and appreciated the music over the decades. But this shyt right here nikka! I close my eyes and feel like I'm back there. I get chills every time I hear it. Maybe you trapped in the 90s nikkas are on to something. :ahh:
It's when he's at his absolute best top 3 song on here :wow:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yo the Reddit guy saying more on the way. That’s why I always felt that AHH article about Nas working with other producers had some truth to it

This his reply to the claim Nas team stopped him leaking stuff:

Lol 😂 this is not what happened.

With Magic 2, I decided that leaking everything spoiled a lot of the fun. That’s why I didn’t post the tracklist for Magic 2.

This time, I teames up and adviced the team on marketing and decided to not leak anything before official comms.

I can say that Magic 3 was not originally planned to launch so soon after 2, and that you’ll find out why release has been brought forward soon.”
Hell yeah

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
In my opinion Magic was the most lyrical of the series up until that point. But even some songs on Magic you can tell he was still getting his feet wet.

KD3 was when he really turned it back on all the way rapping wise. Like signature peak Nas, the consistency of the flow

I sorta agree that KD2 was their peak from a production standpoint. It was a big sounding album, very cinematic & lush… Magic 3 is kinda similar, but lyrically on another level. KD3 had great production as well but Nas was the star of the show

It’s just that for me Nas was on autopilot for a good portion of KD2. From the jump when I heard that album, I tried to like The Pressure cuz sonically that beat crazy but… lol I was like nawl… Nas don’t really rap like that

Not to say Nas didn’t go in on songs from KD2, cuz he certainly did. But I hold this guy to the highest standard
This is my take too

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I was high as hell earlier and this song came on. And you're 100% right. Out of their entire 6 album run this was the closest I've heard to illmatic/IWW Nas. Just give Nas a dope breakbeat and a dope sample and watch what happens. It's that simple. Dude can ride a breakbeat better than anybody who ever lived. It's effortless. This is Nas at his best. From the flow to the message. Dropping wisdom disrespectfully.

"It's simple shyt that's keeping you from the shift
You a simp, a trick, or in love with your own dikk":stopitslime: