Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait a minute is the dude who went to Spain on pt2 the same dude Nas was talking about on pt1 who was cool with Half a mil?

jag1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope listen so far but how come nas rarely has features. He had wayne on this one and 50 on the last one but the streets need nore.

Jay
Snoop
Cube
LL
Meth
Red
Etc.....

I wanna see a Nas & Friends album where its nothing but features
Nah. He can do features on their albums.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think they will submit both KD3 and Magic 3. I truly think Nas will surprise and win the Grammy even though Travis has the sales. I think it will come full circle with the hip hop 50 and Nas topping it off with rap Grammy. His album will definitely be the most critically acclaim off all the albums in the selection.

1). It doesn’t make sense strategically speaking to submit both albums. Vote splitting is a very real thing and can hurt more than help the chances of a nomination. Kanye West himself, in a rare moment of humility, admitted this regarding My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy/ Watch The Throne and that he should have timed the releases further apart because it cost him two Album Of The Year nominations.

1). Whatever you do, do NOT give the Grammys any sort of credit for sentimentality or respect for Hip Hop Is 50. That MIGHT HAVE been a good argument two years ago when the categories had their own selection and voting committee (this helped him win in 2021) but because of the fukkery with The Weeknd getting snubbed they did away with that and its back to being a free for all. The Grammys will use the 50th anniversary of Hip Hop to boost views & ratings sure, even have a gazillion rappers on stage for performances, but when it comes to handing out the trophies they’ll revert to their tried and true method of awarding whoever sold the most.

Trust me, I make the Grammys thread every year for the past several years. I’ve researched how the grammys operate THOROUGHLY. @Piff Perkins has homies who are actual Grammy voters and he’ll back up what I say. The Grammys don’t give a damn about “narrative” or any of that stuff. Especially when it comes to the rap categories. They award sales over acclaim, narrative, etc.

Basically would it be nice if the Grammys went against their long upheld though unwritten “rules” regarding awarding Best Rap album? Absolutely. Will they actually do so? Don’t hold your breath.

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Basically would it be nice if the Grammys went against their long upheld though unwritten “rules” regarding awarding Best Rap album? Absolutely. Will they actually do so? Don’t hold your breath.
What is the Grammy unwritten rule?

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
Just reading comments on YouTube and Wayne stans going crazy over his verse talking he killed Nas

Thought Wayne did a great verse but I think sometimes I forget the level of some fans when dough like Tae Kwon and eating like Zion got people going crazy.

Same goes for rhyme schemes. People going crazy that he kept in a fairly basic rhyme scheme the whole verse. While Nas to me more impressive finding different pockets and rhyme schemes.

But salute to Wayne. Along with Nobody and Full circle, probably the top 3 collabs of the 6 albums

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Just reading comments on YouTube and Wayne stans going crazy over his verse talking he killed Nas

Thought Wayne did a great verse but I think sometimes I forget the level of some fans when dough like Tae Kwon and eating like Zion got people going crazy.

Same goes for rhyme schemes. People going crazy that he kept in a fairly basic rhyme scheme the whole verse. While Nas to me more impressive finding different pockets and rhyme schemes.

But salute to Wayne. Along with Nobody and Full circle, probably the top 3 collabs of the 6 albums
That song wouldn’t have been what it is without Nas’ energy. Weezy did his thang tho

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What is the Grammy unwritten rule?

The highest selling album wins the award. In the 28 year history of the Grammys having a Best Rap Album category, the biggest selling album has won 25 times. The only times the highest selling album did NOT win was

1995- The inaugural year for the Best Rap Album category. Naughty By Nature’s Poverty’s Paradise beat out Tupac’s Me Against The World

2014- Macklemore’s The Heist beat out Drake’s Nothing Was The Same (and more infamously, Kendrick Lamar’s Good Kid M.A.A.D City)

2017- Chance The Rapper’s Coloring Book beat out Drake’s Views. Coloring Book is the first streaming only album ever to win a Grammy.