martin-tv.gif

martin-jodeci.gif

martin-lawrence-comedy.gif

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It dropped on the last day of eligibility.

KD3

Magic 2

Magic 3

Are all eligible to be submitted. Whether he submits KD3 or Magic 3 will more than likely come down to acclaim and sales. KD3 was the highest acclaimed rap album of 2022 and the fact that each KD album preceding it was nominated bodes well because the Grammys LOVE repeat nominations. KD3 was also the album that got him the tie with Jay-Z as the only rappers with 16 studio albums to debut within the top 10

So KD3 has a LOT going for it. I would even wager that it would pretty much guarantee him a nomination.

Magic 3 has the “Newness” element to it as when nominations are announced it will only be a couple months old whereas it would be a full year for KD3. But Magic 3 would need to match or exceed KD3 in acclaim and even though the three published reviews so far have been glowing, its too early to tell without NME, Consequence, All Music, Rap Reviews, Hip Hop DX, and unfortunately Pitchfork weighing in.

Its also worth noting that while Nas submitted both KD albums to the Grammys, he specifically did NOT submit Magic. Hit Boy was even kind of tight about that as he posted on Twitter about it. So Nas himself might feel that the KD series is for “everyone” and Magic is only for the heads
I personally hope he submits KD3 and Magic 3 and let the grammys call it. I dont see how he can be denied another grammy regardless of which one gets the nom. I personally think KD3 deserves consideration for album of the year and not just rap album. I know Im getting greedy but Nas very much deserves an album of the year nomination.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It dropped on the last day of eligibility.

KD3

Magic 2

Magic 3

Are all eligible to be submitted. Whether he submits KD3 or Magic 3 will more than likely come down to acclaim and sales. KD3 was the highest acclaimed rap album of 2022 and the fact that each KD album preceding it was nominated bodes well because the Grammys LOVE repeat nominations. KD3 was also the album that got him the tie with Jay-Z as the only rappers with 16 studio albums to debut within the top 10

So KD3 has a LOT going for it. I would even wager that it would pretty much guarantee him a nomination.

Magic 3 has the “Newness” element to it as when nominations are announced it will only be a couple months old whereas it would be a full year for KD3. But Magic 3 would need to match or exceed KD3 in acclaim and even though the three published reviews so far have been glowing, its too early to tell without NME, Consequence, All Music, Rap Reviews, Hip Hop DX, and unfortunately Pitchfork weighing in.

Its also worth noting that while Nas submitted both KD albums to the Grammys, he specifically did NOT submit Magic. Hit Boy was even kind of tight about that as he posted on Twitter about it. So Nas himself might feel that the KD series is for “everyone” and Magic is only for the heads
I think they will submit both KD3 and Magic 3. I truly think Nas will surprise and win the Grammy even though Travis has the sales. I think it will come full circle with the hip hop 50 and Nas topping it off with rap Grammy. His album will definitely be the most critically acclaim off all the albums in the selection.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally hope he submits KD3 and Magic 3 and let the grammys call it. I dont see how he can be denied another grammy regardless of which one gets the nom. I personally think KD3 deserves consideration for album of the year and not just rap album. I know Im getting greedy but Nas very much deserves an album of the year nomination.
Facts. I think KD3 and Magic 3 both deserve album of the noms, but the Grammys would never.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think 4:44 is dope but I have been laughing about that Jay Stan desperately tweeting about 4::44 being perfect for a few hours now. Dude is in a shambles because Nas has been on a heater for 4 years and counting. I was hoping Jay would be inspired to drop an album but I guess he is happy on the sidelines.

I have tried to rank the albums and I just can't. They've all held me down. Like after I played magic 3 I said "well damn this is the best one yet" but when you play Magic or KDII or KDIII it's like damn, maybe this one was the best and shyt even KDI and Magic 2 are tough. Been a tough few years personally with lots of deaths and job loss and so on but like I said these albums have helped.