3 favorite songs right now.
04 - I Love This Feeling [Explicit]
09 - Based On True Events, Pt. 2 [Explicit]
10 - Sitting With My Thoughts [Explicit]

3 favorite albums (not in order)
KD3
Magic
Magic 3

Probably be different next week. I can play this all the way through on my drive to work. It's crazy how everyone has a different favorite song or album. Even how they are ranked is always different here. Nas got fans from different eras. IWW was my introduction to Nas and then I went back to Illmatic :ahh: . For some others it could be I Am, or Stillmatic. He finally found a producer in Hitboy that can give them all a little bit of what they want. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it while it last. The older I get the more I realize nothing and no one last for ever so I appreciate everything while its here.

Last edited:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Alright I hate to say it cuz I thought it was excellent, but… Magic is starting to get slightly overrated by some folks

I’d say at bare minimum it was a 4.5/5 objectively, but Magic was designed like a super powered mixtape to hood the streets over. Nas was getting back into lyrical form & flexin

Magic was literally a warmup for KD3. Magic 3 & KD3 are way more fleshed out conceptually and from a writing perspective

I think people get too caught up in the Nasty Nas/illmatic-esque approach to Magic… it being short & to the point, return to boom bap etc.

There’s about 2-3 songs on here that woulda been the best song on Magic, and I ain’t gonna count the other gems. I hear nikkas saying Magic is a top 3/4 Nas album behind illmatic & IWW… like nawl homie

Where’s the storytelling songs or concept records? That’s what Nas at his absolute pinnacle is
I definitely disagree with this, and I have no ties or infatuation with the Illmatic era Nas. His pen was on another level with Magic, to me thats his best showing lyrically of the series and it isn’t particularly close. To your point, it doesnt have the conceptual joints of some of the other projects. But if I can press play with no skips, whether its long or short (pause) thats a great piece of work.

KD2 is still their magnum opus as I sit and rank these albums. It has the most range and frankly the highs are better songs than any other album in the series.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them “Album of the year” talks for Magic 2 were utterly ridiculous, considering this is far and above better than that record. Y’all be stanning yourselves into a corner.

Anyway

4/5 mics
KD3
Magic

3.5/5 mics
KD2
Magic 3
KD1

3/5 mics
Magic 2

Most memorable moment to me was going from Store Run into Moments into Nobody :blessed:

Close second is Speechless into Meet Joe Black

:whew:
Watching people pretend Magic 2 was as good as the first was painful.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I definitely disagree with this, and I have no ties or infatuation with the Illmatic era Nas. His pen was on another level with Magic, to me thats his best showing lyrically of the series and it isn’t particularly close. To your point, it doesnt have the conceptual joints of some of the other projects. But if I can press play with no skips, whether its long or short (pause) thats a great piece of work.

KD2 is still their magnum opus as I sit and rank these albums. It has the most range and frankly the highs are better songs than any other album in the series.
In my opinion Magic was the most lyrical of the series up until that point. But even some songs on Magic you can tell he was still getting his feet wet.

KD3 was when he really turned it back on all the way rapping wise. Like signature peak Nas, the consistency of the flow

I sorta agree that KD2 was their peak from a production standpoint. It was a big sounding album, very cinematic & lush… Magic 3 is kinda similar, but lyrically on another level. KD3 had great production as well but Nas was the star of the show

It’s just that for me Nas was on autopilot for a good portion of KD2. From the jump when I heard that album, I tried to like The Pressure cuz sonically that beat crazy but… lol I was like nawl… Nas don’t really rap like that

Not to say Nas didn’t go in on songs from KD2, cuz he certainly did. But I hold this guy to the highest standard

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
No Tears might be the worst Nas song I've ever heard

That beat/flow :hhh:
you are buggin'
that's something a muthafukka who just started listening to Hip Hop would say

thats one of the best songs on the album
fukk is you nikkas on?

:gucci:

"got lessons from your pops
held it down alone,moms on heavenly watch
the tears on my face just...stopped"

:wow:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
In my opinion Magic was the most lyrical of the series up until that point. But even some songs on Magic you can tell he was still getting his feet wet.

KD3 was when he really turned it back on all the way rapping wise. Like signature peak Nas, the consistency of the flow

I sorta agree that KD2 was their peak from a production standpoint. It was a big sounding album, very cinematic & lush… Magic 3 is kinda similar, but lyrically on another level. KD3 had great production as well but Nas was the star of the show

It’s just that for me Nas was on autopilot for a good portion of KD2. From the jump when I heard that album, I tried to like The Pressure cuz sonically that beat crazy but… lol I was like nawl… Nas don’t really rap like that

Not to say Nas didn’t go in on songs from KD2, cuz he certainly did. But I hold this guy to the highest standard

KD2 is better than Magic 3 lyrically, I think you’re talking about the flow, but lyrics wise KD2 was more poignant focused and had more literary devices.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
i wonder if his accelerated album releases have a health component to them (or a self-realization of health)

I mean he’s been touring nonstop since the albums came out, performed at the Grammys, directed multiple documentaries, doesn’t seem like there’s any health issues. I’ve said before he’s charged up because now he’a running his OWN label which means he owns everything. His very own Motown so to speak. That would be motivation enough to go on the run he’s been on after taking a 6 year break