god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Y’all gassin tf out this album.this ain’t better than magic 1

Blue Bentley weak af especially compared to blue Benz :pachaha:

Cyborg11

Rookie
Daps
I think once this album ages most of yall will have this album ranked as 3rd or 4th in the KD/Magic series depending on where you have KD2.

It's not nearly as sharp front to back like KD3 and I think some of yall are forgetting how special Magic 1 felt when it dropped.

In my opinion I think they overdid it with the soul samples kicking off the songs. The tracks arent bad just felt repetitive to me. Also No Tears deserved a better beat - someone earlier compared it to something Kanye would have on Nasir and that is absolutely correct.

Overall the project is dope though. Speechless 2, Pretty Young Girl, True Story Pt 2 are up there with the best songs in this Hitboy run.

But why the hell didn't Hit have Nas rap over that second beat in Japanese Soul Bar??? I just can't comprehend how that happens - that could've been a dope track on its own.

Currently I have it KD3=M1>KD2>M3>KD1>M2 (the last two are objectively the worst of the bunch)

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Magic 3
KD2
KD3
Magic 2
Magic 1
KD1

KD2 has been my number 1 favorite album
in the run for the LONGEST so Magic 3 dethroning it is a bug deal to me. In the end it came down to what is it i like the most about Nas as my favorite artist? Its the versatility in his writing. The story telling, the introspection, the world building, etc. KD2 had all of that but Magic 3 takes it to the next level. TWO superb storytelling songs back to back. Deep introspection with No Tears and Sitting With My Thoughts. World Building with Japanese Soul Bar and Blue Bentley. And it all feels so cinematic, Hit Boy’s production is like a film score, which is a feeling I last got with Life Is Good.

Yea this is definitely the victory lap OF victory laps. Nas and Hit Boy all I can do is salute. SIX superb albums in 3 years. Crazy

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Agree with the bolded but you definitely sleeping on Blue Bentley. It's a much easier and enjoyable listen IMO. That beat shift on Benz kills the song to me

Wow , music is truly subjective cuz blue Bentley & that Japanese soul bar these dudes gassin wakk af to me

Blue Benz a top 5 -10 song they ever made imo.I’ve played blue Benz around people who don’t even rock with nas & they fukked with it

Cyborg11

Rookie
Daps
Wow , music is truly subjective cuz blue Bentley & that Japanese soul bar these dudes gassin wakk af to me

Blue Benz a top 5 -10 song they ever made imo.I’ve played blue Benz around people who don’t even rock with nas & they fukked with it
Haha play those same people Blue Bentley and I bet they rock with it just as much if not more.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all gassin tf out this album.this ain’t better than magic 1

Blue Bentley weak af especially compared to blue Benz :pachaha:
Stop comparing stuff man, lol, thats where yall be messin up. Oprah said comparing is the fastest route to disappointment...stop comparing this and that Nas album to "Illmatic" and the Nas today to Nas in "94" and whatever else...just appreciate what you have now and what you had then and try to give both a fair shot for what they are/were.

Blue Bentley is nothing like Blue Benz...the names are similar but they're totally on 2 different planets in every other way, why compare? Blue Bentley sounds like the typical joint on Nas albums where he tries for a"Hit" or a radio joint, "Summer on Smash, Braveheart Party, countless others"...it's just this time he hit the shot all net, he connected, this shyt is absolute fire.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Stop comparing stuff man, lol, thats where yall be messin up. Oprah said comparing is the fastest route to disappointment...stop comparing this and that Nas album to "Illmatic" and the Nas today to Nas in "94" and whatever else...just appreciate what you have now and what you had then and try to give both a fair shot for what they are/were.

Blue Bentley is nothing like Blue Benz...the names are similar but they're totally on 2 different planets in every other way, why compare? Blue Bentley sounds like the typical joint on Nas albums where he tries for a"Hit" or a radio joint, "Summer on Smash, Braveheart Party, countless others"...it's just this time he hit the shot all net, he connected, this shyt is absolute fire.

Yea I’m not y’all stuck in 1995 nas fans . I actually enjoy the nas hit boy series. I don’t wanna hear premier ,havoc & salasm remi production like the rest

Blue Bentley wakk :yeshrug: nothin you can say will convince me otherwise

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I’m not y’all stuck in 1995 nas fans . I actually enjoy the nas hit boy series. I don’t wanna hear wanna hear premier ,havoc & salasm remi like the rest

Blue Bentley wakk :yeshrug: nothin you can say will convince me otherwise

I think over 90% of everyone in here that you'll encounter enjoys the series as well sir...

It's all G, it's your opinion, salute. LOL @ me ever trying to convince you otherwise, that will never happen, respectfully, I was just speaking generally.