Nas- Magic 3 Discussion Thread

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
It’s so shameful though. That’s all they got to compare to Nas historic run. Truthfully, I’d be embarrassed if I was a Hov Stan…

Rory is the same corny dude that asked for Jay's blessing before proposing to his girl at a roc nation brunch.

I swear, that roc nation brunch is the smartest thing Jay's ever done. It's almost like whoever is invited needs to agree to overrate his catalogue, in exchange.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
I think it’s a feat to drop 6 quality albums in a 3 year run at this juncture of Nas career. If you look at everyone’s list, everyone has a different favorite album or albums from this run. Each album sounds different too and that’s the beauty of it. They tried different sounds, flows, tempos, concepts etc… it never got stale. Nas is still rapping at a very high level and Hit Boy has provided a great landscape. How many of these albums have you liked?
I think they’re all good. I don’t find anything on them to be particularly interesting but I certainly respect and admire what they’ve accomplished.
To me this is an incredible run of albums for Nas fans but to use the word “historic” needs to bring something else to the table.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
It’s so shameful though. That’s all they got to compare to Nas historic run. Truthfully, I’d be embarrassed if I was a Hov Stan…

My thing is why are people still picking sides 22 years after the fact. I am an admitted Hovenger. That's my GOAT.

But Esco has always been 2 for me. And what he's done with these 6 joints is incredible and deserves praise. Not the shyt that Rory just did. That's just unnecessary hate.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I think they’re all good. I don’t find anything on them to be particularly interesting but I certainly respect and admire what they’ve accomplished.
To me this is an incredible run of albums for Nas fans but to use the word “historic” needs to bring something else to the table.
Nas won a Grammy for the first time 25+ years after his debut. That’s historic in itself. He’s the first rap artist to do it at that age. Literally.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It’s literally never been done, at this stage of a legendary rappers career. That’s why it’s historic. For the entire run of hip hop it was believed to be a young boys game and Nas is not only showing that you can age gracefully, he’s dominating in output as well.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
My thing is why are people still picking sides 22 years after the fact. I am an admitted Hovenger. That's my GOAT.

But Esco has always been 2 for me. And what he's done with these 6 joints is incredible and deserves praise. Not the shyt that Rory just did. That's just unnecessary hate.
nikkas is crabs but when u point it out it’s “Nas Stan’s this and Nas Stan’s that..” A complete lack of self awareness.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

“Some beef is everlasting…” :manny:

I have HOV ranked 11th in my top 10 out of pure pettiness.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think for many people it has been historic. Maybe not for you personally. But I’ve seen people that aren’t super super Nas fans say how historic it is. I think it has brought a lot to the table. I also think it did a great drop of bridging the gap for a rapper that debut in the early 90’s and a younger producer. I think that is being understated. The last thing that is underrated about this run is Nas for the most part is doing it featureless. These albums don’t have a lot of features at all and I don’t think anybody else could pull that off. KD3 was completely solo.