Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY

Sohh, looks like that's Hit-boy compensation for getting KDIII? That's Hit's home (i seen his old videos). Paired with the comment, I'm thinking he's saying all that because he's lowkey saying Nas paying Hit upfront so the record really really coming out.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Sohh, looks like that's Hit-boy compensation for getting KDIII? That's Hit's home (i seen his old videos). Paired with the comment, I'm thinking he's saying all that because he's lowkey saying Nas paying Hit upfront so the record really really coming out.

Interesting theory. I’m hoping it’s a hint toward the promo for this project. I could see them doing a lot of cool stuff with the gold bars theme.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I've been defending and supporting Nas' music online since I was a kid.

20 years ago I was on SOHH defending God's Sons production when half the site thought the beats were wack. Same with Untitled and other releases.

I went to bat for Nas songs that were clowned and hated like Zone Out and Who Killed It? I've always pushed back on the Nas has weak production narrative. It was always bs.

But a shift has happened on this site and we've seen the emergence of Nas stans (not fans) who act like Beyonce and Taylor Swift stan armies who attack anyone who has anything even vaguely critical to say about Nas. "ya'll ain't real fans" , pathetic shyt :scust:

Nas is my GOAT but like any artist he's not above critique and you need to learn that this blind stanning is embarrassing.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m as big a stuck in the 90’s boom bap guy as there is and I think hit boy has been perfect for Nas

Is hitboy my favorite producer? Not at all but he’s good enough to where Imo him and Nas have been putting out extremely dope music.

I wasn’t a huge fan of KD1 but KD2 to me was dope as hell. No it wasn’t Nas at his best lyrically or flow wise but in terms of making songs it’s dope as hell and his hook writing has gone to another level

Magic is dope as hell as well in more of a mixtape just crush a bunch of grimy beats way that should be a perfect album for us older boom bap heads

Now do I eventually want to hear Nas go off with other producers? Sure

But 30 years in the game and still putting out quality music I can’t complain about what him and hitboy have done with these projects

If you’re complaint is it isn’t Illmatic or IWW then you’re never gonna be satisfied with another Nas album

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all got all the ideas and opinions about what Nas needs, who he should have executive produce his albums and the sound of Hitboy beats that it’s downright exhausting.

Why do y’all feel y’all need to dictate Nas’ art? Why can’t y’all just enjoy the process and output without all the extra bullshyt?

I see why Nas Is less likely to engage with his so call fans bc if y’all would say the shyt y’all say to him in these comments he would be insulted and applaud by your blatant disrespect. & audacity. What the fuk?!

Facts

These folks are super pretentious like their boy Lupe. Look how they sounds. 9th Wonder ass nikkas telling a near 50 yr old rapper how to make HIS albums. Very disrespectful

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m as big a stuck in the 90’s boom bap guy as there is and I think hit boy has been perfect for Nas

Is hitboy my favorite producer? Not at all but he’s good enough to where Imo him and Nas have been putting out extremely dope music.

I wasn’t a huge fan of KD1 but KD2 to me was dope as hell. No it wasn’t Nas at his best lyrically or flow wise but in terms of making songs it’s dope as hell and his hook writing has gone to another level

Magic is dope as hell as well in more of a mixtape just crush a bunch of grimy beats way that should be a perfect album for us older boom bap heads

Now do I eventually want to hear Nas go off with other producers? Sure

But 30 years in the game and still putting out quality music I can’t complain about what him and hitboy have done with these projects

If you’re complaint is it isn’t Illmatic or IWW then you’re never gonna be satisfied with another Nas album
This is a very sensible comment. Salute to you.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
While I don't necessarily love Hitboy's beats I always felt he's a more commercial producer and he doesnt' really use samples like that like the Primo's and Alchemist's and RZA's of the world. He rocks out a lot with those West coast artists and I always used to associate Hit with that trap sound or that gangsta sound.

His drums ain't that hard and he never uses scratches on his hooks and such.
His beats don't sound "east coast" to me......

Could Hit produce a song like "Nas is Like" ? Probably not.
But could Primo produce a song like "Sicko Mode" or Trophies? No.

They both got different bags.....

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Really everybody chill out:pachaha:
It happens every Nas album thread. I'm surprised nikkaz not used to it yet :dead: . We don't have much to go off other than what that chick been saying, all we can do is speculate. Some of these dudes would be better off ignoring the thread until the 11th honestly:manny: