Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Hear me out.

We need Westside Gunn to executives produce a Nas album.

Nas on Griselda beats by Conductor Williams, Danny Laflare,ALC, Sovren (Hell in Earth 2)

Asicz

Daps
Honestly I am a life long Nas fan I have objectively the deepest and most informational Nas threads on this site over 8 years. But I listened to KD 2 1.5 times then listened to other stuff.

So much music out also

Last edited:

Asicz

Daps
disagree Magic is special
I like Magic because it did a decent job of quieting critics like me who are Nas fans that like him in more "traditional" production and his usual type of producer collaborators.

And it seems like Nas caught up his flow a bit more.

I've made previous post on here in the KD1 thread that Nas Lost a step flow wise like he want quit in sync with the bear.
Also recently similar opinion was echoed on Spotify Rap Caviar podcast by Jinx about worrying about older rappers missing a beat as they get older.

But we will see if older rappers as a whole will be able to continue to make music as they get older with just as much quality flow and lyric wise.

Asicz

Daps
I disagree but I know exactly what you mean. The KD’s are much more song/music heavy…Magic is just him spittin for the most part, it's a more "hip hop" type joint, which is what I wanted from him. You can kinda say Hitboy was the MVP on the KD’s and Nas was the MVP on Magic, imo. I think Magic is underrated actually
There are moments on Magic especially in the beginning of the project that I felt like Nas 97-99 imo

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Hear me out.

We need Westside Gunn to executives produce a Nas album.

Nas on Griselda beats by Conductor Williams, Danny Laflare,ALC, Sovren (Hell in Earth 2)
Thread has jumped the shark. You dudes always go nuts in Nas threads. The lofty expectations the arm chair a&r's

The best thing about this duo and their output has been the organic nature of it. I find Nas fans have a very hard time just being fans. Everyone want to steer the ship when they should just be along for the journey.

I doubt the album will be like anything you want it to be. Avoid disappointment by not setting yourselves up.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
There's something pleasant but ultimately hollow about Hitboy's beats.

There's nothing he does that I hear and think it's trash but he rarely comes with something that feels truly inspired. Especially the stuff he gives Nas.

On paper it's the kind of beats I want to hear Nas on but his shyt is bland and lacks flavor.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

There's nothing he does that I hear and think it's trash but he rarely comes with something that feels truly inspired. Especially the stuff he gives Nas.

On paper it's the kind of beats I want to hear Nas on but his shyt is bland and lacks flavor.

Awful ass take.. man, yall are truly the worse fans. I see why other people say it.

Ridiculous

Asicz

Daps
you must have loved lost tapes 2 then ?
Actually I did not love it that much. I for one didn't see the need for a sequel to Lost Tapes 1 before LT 2 came out.

I think some of yal in this thread just like hearing Nas on record no matter what. Like literally and I'm not really joking I think y'all would be ok with Nas reading a Chinese food menu over a beat.
Nas a has very nice vocal quality and is pleasant to the ear.
Also to his credit his music can turn anyone into a legit Stan.

Asicz

Daps

Thank you. I've had a similar sentiment. But not all Hitboy stuff is like that to me there are definitely exceptions. Those exceptions to me, are on Magic and songs like 'Black Slim Shady' by Game which I like as a instrumental and song.